Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,430
1 members and 1,429 guests
flirt5721

Old 02-11-2003, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ASUGPhiB
Arrow This site just doesn't get used enough!?!

I just wanted to say Hi. We all really should be using this site more as a resource.

I am from the Beta Kappa Chapter here at ASU. Where are the rest of you from?
Old 02-11-2003, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I would agree.

Here's my info

I was initiated at Washington Univ (St Loius- Phi) in 1988 and then transferred to the Univ of Puget Sound (Gamma Epsilon) and affiliated with them in 1990. I am currently the founding President (for about another week) of the Puget Sound Alumnae Chapter, the Treasurer of the Gamma Epsilon House Corp as well as Scholarship Advisor, the Chair of the Badge Task Force and my area's rep to next year's Nominating Committee.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a lot of Gamma Phi's on here and if there is, they're pretty quiet. It is a great resource though.

in IIKE,
Old 02-11-2003, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm here I'm here! Just no DSL in our house yet (grr) so I am subject to using GPBoy's computer...

I initiated this fall at Gamma Omega, but will be leaving and joining the Milwaukee Alumnae chapter, as I am transferring to Marquette, which has a dormat chapter. I'm currently scholarship, standards, PACE, Asst. Women's Greek Council, and Webmaster.

Old 02-12-2003, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin

I'm currently scholarship, standards, PACE, Asst. Women's Greek Council, and Webmaster.
And I thought I did a lot............
Old 02-12-2003, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Hi there!

Here's my info:

Initiated as a freshman into the Delta Lambda chapter at Univ. of CA, Riverside in Fall 1999. I've been extremely involved in the chapter since as Formal chair in 2000, Alum. Relations Chair in 2001, and Public Relations VP in 2002. I'm graduating in June and will be a part of the Inland Empire Alumnae chapter until I start grad. school in 2004 up at Cal State Hayward and will probably join the San Francisco Alum. chapter or the Marin County Alum. Chapter (depending on where I decide to live!). Currently, although I'm a graduating senior, I am the leader for the Gamma Phi team for Up Til Dawn, a philanthropic organization raising funds for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (we're beating all the other orgs in funds raised right now!). I'm also the Committee Chair for the CampfireUSA committee, raising funds and awareness for our local council. I guess, informally, I'm also the "go-to" girl for my chapter, considering I work for the office of Student Life which is charge of Greek orgs and my chapter just depends on me to keep them informed!
Old 02-12-2003, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nyrdrms
I was initiated in 1999 at the Epsilon Iota chapter at Christopher Newoprt University. I'm currently the ritual chair, and have also been philanthropy chair, historian, and campus activities chair.

Last edited by nyrdrms; 02-12-2003 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
And I thought I did a lot............
The joys of a tiny chapter...and for those of you who know about our scholarship issues, allow me to say AAAAAAAAAAAGH they are not getting better and it sucks.

I won grades with a 3.333, let's just leave it at that.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gphiangel624

I'm graduating in June and will be a part of the Inland Empire Alumnae chapter until I start grad. school in 2004 up at Cal State Hayward and will probably join the San Francisco Alum. chapter or the Marin County Alum. Chapter (depending on where I decide to live!).
Let me know where you decide, a member of our chapter just moved to the SF "area" (don't ask me exactly where) and is younger (mid-20's).

in IIKE,
Old 02-12-2003, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Way to go to all of you!

UPS is a "larger" collegiate chapter (about 90 including their 21 new members) and we have trouble getting people to fill the offices......

You're making me tired though.........

As an FYI, we're going to try and get this advertised in an upcoming Crescent (not the next one though).
Old 02-12-2003, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Way to go to all of you!

UPS is a "larger" collegiate chapter (about 90 including their 21 new members) and we have trouble getting people to fill the offices......

As an FYI, we're going to try and get this advertised in an upcoming Crescent (not the next one though).
I so wish my chapter was that size - I really wish I could experience the bigger chapter Greek experience...my chapter is 23 people including our new members!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nyrdrms
Hey GeekyPenguin, just thought I'd let you know that when I came in, that was the size of our chapter too. Two years ago Greek life exploded though (maybe something in the water, perhaps?) And we now have a total of 67 with our new members...and ceiling here is 50!
Old 02-14-2003, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ASUGPhiB
Quote:
Way to go to all of you!

Here at Arizona State we have a house of 107 members in fall we just took a pledge class of 43. We probably have 30 or so positions because everyone wants to get involved. It's rather exciting.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I just registered here like 5 seconds ago lol. I'm a Gamma Phi pledgie/new member at the University of Rochester - Epsilon Tau chapter. I haven't been initiated yet *gasp* but so far I love every minute.

I'm not sure how many members we have, but we only have 6 new members at the moment. I believe if we don't get any more, we'll have around 25-30 for next year, which means we'll probably move off our floor The floor holds 24 and it's awesome, but with 24 on the floor, that leaves only a few off the floor. We figure by moving to a smaller floor and having more girls elsewhere on campus, it'll up our recruitment. Cross your fingers!