GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,494
0 members and 1,494 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2002, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Turning old Greek T-shirts into...quilts???

Okay, here’s the issue. Now that I’ve graduated and been forced to grow up (those that are still undergrads, delay this transition as long as possible ) my wife and I have literally dozens of Homecoming, Rush, Bid Day, Iron Bowl, Grab-A-Date, Repaving the Driveway ’99, Crush Party, etc. T-shirts. The question is, what to do with all of them now? Unfortunately, a lot of them have shrunk considerably (the idea that I may have expanded just a bit since my college days would never cross my mind ) and those that haven’t, I just don’t have the opportunity to wear them as much as I had previously. Rather than allow them to continue to fill my dresser, banish them to cardboard boxes in the attic or turn them into work shirts, I would like to somehow display them or preserve them in some way. A fantastic idea I once read/heard about was turning the old shirts into a wall hanging / quilt by sewing all of the backs of the shirts together in rows and columns (like you would individual panels of a quilt), adding a backing and stuffing, then hanging from a curtain rod on the wall. What do y’all think? Any other suggestions or feedback on how y’all think this would look? Thanks!
Old 09-29-2002, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Oppps!

Sorry, wrong forum! Let's try this over again in Greek Life.....
Old 09-29-2002, 03:24 PM

Most of the girls in my chapter do this after graduation. We don't have a use for our Homecoming '99 shirts or our Bid Day '00 shirts so we put them in a quilt. I am sewing/hemming-challenged so my roommate (who is great at sewing!) is going to put all my old shirts into a quilt. Of course, my jersey will NOT be put in the quilt.