GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,351
2 members and 1,349 guests
John

Old Today, 05:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I told him what I said here- that I loved him then and it didn't go away, I just locked it away in the part of my heart I had given to him and moved on. But that being with him again has unlocked it. That's when he said he always thought of me with fondness and some regret for breaking things off. He said he was valuing the wrong things then. I told him I thought we both needed to grow and it wouldn't have worked then anyway. At that age, I really couldn't see my value. I only saw what men thought of me. I was very codependent and thought I had no value without having a man. It was through my first (very abusive) marriage that I learned to value myself and have standards for how I expected to be treated and to believe that I was fine on my own, without a man. Until that happened, I couldn't have had a healthy relationship.

We are having some very deep and serious discussions about expectations and what we want from our relationship and our goals, etc. Very good open and honest communication.
I hope you don’t get married to him. Just have him as a boyfriend. Same benefits without the bs. He been married before?
Old Today, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I hope you don’t get married to him. Just have him as a boyfriend. Same benefits without the bs. He been married before?
He was married for 25 years and has been divorced for about 10 years. I've shared my concerns about marriage with him. Things are far more complicated when you have adult children and things you want your kids to inherit and ask these other legal things. I don't say I'd never get married because there are situations where I would, but it's not necessarily the goal.
Old Today, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Lmao! Zach is hell bent on saving people from getting married Lol! I feel you though. Some people are just cut out for it. I think the sex would be the only benefit from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
He was married for 25 years and has been divorced for about 10 years. I've shared my concerns about marriage with him. Things are far more complicated when you have adult children and things you want your kids to inherit and ask these other legal things. I don't say I'd never get married because there are situations where I would, but it's not necessarily the goal.
You’re brave as hell if you do it.