Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,241
0 members and 1,241 guests
No Members online

Old 07-18-2002, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

National Philanthropy

Guys,

This year I was Philanthropy Chair for my chapter, and I thought how helpful it would be if we had a national philanthropy. Our chapter does work at a homeless shelter, and has a week in spring devoted to raising money for our local Big Brothers/Big Sisters Org. I think its a good org to fundraise for, but we just raise money, and have no contact with the org. I would really like to see both fundraising and hands on activities.
I'm really close with the ZTA chapter here, and I admire what their Nationals do for breast cancer research. Some of the girls have told me the benefits of having a philanthropy that all chapters share. For us, maybe a cause like leukemia or muscular dystrophy that all chapters could do something with on their local levels.
Basically, I wanted to get some input as to what you all think works best- a national philanthropy or each chapter doing their own thing. Also, how would I propose this to the SEC? Thanks for your input.

A.E.K.D.B,
Percy
Old 07-23-2002, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
As far as SEC contact - I'd start by emailing an SEC member if you feel comfortable, or you can email your DGM or area UAC rep and see if they can bring it up to the SEC for you by proxy.

Either way, I think this is a good idea. I don't know why we dont' have a national philanthropy - I'm sure there's some reason from past history - but if philanthropy is to be something we push heavily, it would make it easier to say to chapters "see, here's the national philanthropy, you can start there."
Old 07-25-2002, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
We have a National Philanthropy. At least it was announced at the 1999 Phoenix Conclave. Big Brothers/Sisters.

I am not sure if it was well advertised. I was chapter PResident for couple years and don't remember any significant programs mentioned about it.

I know KsigRC is chapter president and he doesn't even know it exists lol.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally posted by James
We have a National Philanthropy. At least it was announced at the 1999 Phoenix Conclave. Big Brothers/Sisters.

I am not sure if it was well advertised. I was chapter PResident for couple years and don't remember any significant programs mentioned about it.

I know KsigRC is chapter president and he doesn't even know it exists lol.
hahaha - wow . . . PS James, I'm just GMC - Ksigkid is our GM.

Neither of us knew this, though. That's fantastic.