GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,259
0 members and 1,259 guests
No Members online

Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

To go through the process alone?

I transferred from a 2 year school to a 4 year school. So I barely know anyone and whoever I did know doesn't want to join a sorority. I found one I'm interested in and I went to the meetings and stuff. I'm not rushing yet but they invited me to parties this weekend. I don't know if I should go because no one will go with me and I'll feel awkward and weird going alone. Should I go to the party anyways?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

NPC?NPHC?MGC? I'll do my best to speak for NPC sorority rush. You will probably dread walking in the door by yourself, but once there you will be welcomed and ushered through the process. While it would be more fun to have a friend with you to talk through what's happening as you live it, it's not mandatory. Plus, through the process you will meet other girls who are also going through rush and probably some of them will become friends.

Since it sounds like you are not going through the large traditional NPC rush, do share your rush experience with us! It's nice to hear an alternative to "my school has 16 sororities..."
Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I was wondering if it was NPC too. I guess, regardless... Yes! Go! It's okay to go alone. Lots of girls go through Recruitment alone. Don't let that get in your way. You'll meet people.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
If your goal is to join a sorority, you do what is required. If you don't attend, will you be considered for membership?

If your goal is to meet people, you can't do that without putting yourself out there.

This doesn't seem like NPC recruitment, though it's hard to tell. Even so, I feel fairly comfortable saying if you're invited, the members want to know you. That can't happen if you don't attend.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter signed up with a couple of girls to go through rush together. The day of every single girl decided not to go. My daughter was so upset... What go alone? I said isn't the reason you're going through this to meet new people?? She sucked it up and went, and had a great time and met people! So go!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyforthis93 View Post
I transferred from a 2 year school to a 4 year school. So I barely know anyone and whoever I did know doesn't want to join a sorority. I found one I'm interested in and I went to the meetings and stuff. I'm not rushing yet but they invited me to parties this weekend. I don't know if I should go because no one will go with me and I'll feel awkward and weird going alone. Should I go to the party anyways?
Pursuit of a GLO is not supposed to be a group project in the first place; it's a personal decision. I think that is pretty universal across the board.

You should be excited that they thought enough of you to invite you, and you should GO and have a great time!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Banned

Are you ready for this or not? If you're ready, don't care whether your friends are ready.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a transfer student too and just started formal recruitment yesterday. I went to the Meet the Greeks event on my own and had a blast. Just be yourself and have fun. You will make friends and get to know so many people that you'll forget you started it alone. Already the girls from my rush group are some of my closest friends on campus.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I think you'll be fine going through it alone. You'll probably bond with some of the girls in your recruitment group anyway. Don't let the nervousness hold you back. Good luck!