0 members and 1,088 guests
No Members online

Old 05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Chapter: Gamma Gamma

School: Clarion University of PA

Year Initiated: Spring 2009

Past & Current Positions: Membership Recruitment Chair (current), Greek Spirit chair (past)

Favorite Thing About Phi Sig: Our core values, the times we share together and my Big && Little Sapphire Sisters <3
Old 07-13-2010, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Hello There!!

Hi! My name is Lyndsey and I am also new here to GC. (Well as a member at least. I did a lot of searching on here while going through recruitment and in my first semester as a member of Greek life.) I'm a member of the Zeta Zeta chapter.

I am going to be a sophomore at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT and a Diagnostic Imaging major. We have a different kind of Greek system here. There aren't any houses for sororities or fraternities (officially) so you can still live with non-Greeks or other chapter members. The sororities only rush in the spring and the fraternities have both fall and spring. (I assume this is to help balance out the difference in numbers as we have about 2 girls to every guy at Quinnipiac and it shows in Greek life as well.)

Currently we have 4 sororities: Phi Sig, Alpha Chi Omega, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Alpha Delta Pi. This past rush was the largest turnout ever at QU, about 250 girls! My pledge class, Alpha Lambda, has 51 members.

Honestly, I'm glad that we have spring rush because I don't know if I would have rushed in the fall. It wasn't something I had ever planned on doing, it just kind of happened and then I just got more and more excited about the idea of being in a sorority.

Phi Sig means so much to me now and I love having so many wonderful sisters. I went form just one biological little sister to having 134 new sisters! I am really close with my big sister (who will be a senior this fall) as well as my grand big (who just graduated). I also really like my Great Grand Big and Great Great Grand Big (that's a mouthful and we usually just refer to each other as GGGB and GGGL lol) as I met them both at formal.

I know I have been rambling a little but I just love Phi Sig ... a lot! Anyways, I would love to meet new sisters so feel free to message me or anything

LITP <3
Lyndsey

Last edited by lyndseyloohoo; 07-13-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to GC & Phi Sig!

diokete hupsala
Old 07-19-2010, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Everyone

This is Aimee from the Epsilon Tau Chapter at California University of PA. So glad to see all of you on here. Hope everyone has a great Fall semester with pledges

L.I.T.P.
Aimee
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you!! I can't wait for many more great experiences both with Phi Sig and GC =]
"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. And we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return. Well I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you."
Old 07-21-2010, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

WOO GO PHI SIG! IS ANYONE IS STARTING TO THINK ABOUT RECRUITMENT!? If so what are your themes?!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I know I definitely am!! I mean I am excited for the new girls, seeing recruitment for the first time on the other side, possibly getting a little I hope!!

Our theme is going to be really cute this year. I can't remember all of the details off the top of my head but its called "Falling in Love with Phi Sig" and the parties each night are themed with different parts of dating. Like the first date, meeting the parents. Bid night will be the engagement and the bid day celebration possibly even going to be themed the honeymoon. AHHH I can't wait and I'm glad to see others are already excited too =]
"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. And we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return. Well I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you."
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to GC all!

And Lyndsey - That's a very cute idea!

diokete hupsala
Old 07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndseyloohoo View Post
I know I definitely am!! I mean I am excited for the new girls, seeing recruitment for the first time on the other side, possibly getting a little I hope!!

Our theme is going to be really cute this year. I can't remember all of the details off the top of my head but its called "Falling in Love with Phi Sig" and the parties each night are themed with different parts of dating. Like the first date, meeting the parents. Bid night will be the engagement and the bid day celebration possibly even going to be themed the honeymoon. AHHH I can't wait and I'm glad to see others are already excited too =]
That is totally cute! We're either doing Willy Wonka theme or Dr. Seuss!

SO EXCITED <3 <3 <3 LOVE RECRUITMENT!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi!! My name is Becky. I am from the zeta omega chapter from the University of Michigan: Dearborn. If any of you are ever in the area please feel free to contact us.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSigChicNYC View Post
hey...
im from the Epsilon Omicron Chapter, St. Johns University in NYC. Im new to GC and just wanted to say hi and hopefully meet new sisters from other chapters. Im sure many of you travel to NYC please feel free to contact our chapter so we could hang out some time!!!
Also, if you any ideas you can share on public relations please let me know...i also need some tips on starting a webpage for our chapter...please contact me at sasha416@aol.com hope to chat with u soon!

------------------
LITP
dee
Epsilon Omicron

I'm from the Epsilon Kappa Chapter at Hofstra University! Small world haha. I was historian in my chapter for two semesters" the site we use if moonfruit. I LOVE the site and it's really not that expensive. I honestly think it was 20 dollars every six months. Hope it helps!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter: Gamma Tau

School: Northern Kentucky University

Year Initiated: Fall 2008

Past & Current Positions: Scholarship and Chapter Excellence Chairs (past) Social Chair (currently)
Old 05-05-2012, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter: Iota Kappa

School: University of Colorado: Colorado Springs

Year Initiated: Fall 2009

Past & Current Positions: Phi Sig- Social Chair (current)
Panhellenic- VP (past), President (past), VP of Finance (current)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter: Delta Epsilon

School: University of Windsor!

Year Initiated: 2012 (technically, I'm getting initiated this Saturday!!)