GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,196
1 members and 1,195 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 09-13-2012, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
I have never followed this program before this season -- now I'm a fan!

I recorded the finale performances, but haven't watched the entire program yet. I was under the impression that there would be a guy and a girl winner -- is there only one?
Oh, that's right.. I completely forgot! Most weeks I fast-forward through all the intros and Cat Deely talking, so I hadn't heard them mention this in quite some time.

@~/~~~~
Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
In the past there has only been one winner. This season is different and they will have a two winners, one guy, one girl. Personally I like it better this way. It is very difficult, in some styles, to compare the men and women fairly. A great example from the finale would be the Nutcracker/Ballet pas de duex. I mean obviously, Eliana looked amazing, but if you are not familiar with that style would you really think anything of Chehon?

I agree! I sometimes thought that the choreography was not favorable to the strengths of some dancers, and yet disguised the weaknesses of others.

Quote:
While on that topic: really? Nutcracker? There are thousands of other ballets and you go for that one? At least choose one that has the male partner do a little more. Don't get me wrong. I loved it, but I'm an ex-ballerina. It was not the best choice for a competition.
I loved it too – but I agree, the casual viewer (like me) wouldn’t notice the male part so much.

Quote:
In the beginning, Eliana and Chehon were my favorites along with Will. I was pulling for Alexa originally as well. Tiffany has really grown on me. While Cyrus is ridiculous in his style and has grown considerably, I've never enjoyed watching him dance in other styles. It has always seemed so simplified and almost bland.

To me, Cyrus is pretty obviously not on the level of the other dancers. On the other hand, I guess he can do something that just about no one else can. I admire his heart and attitude tremendously though, and he is incredibly likeable.

I thought the judges were strangely harsh to Alexa (wasn’t she the dancer from a previous season?).

I was sorry to see Audrey go – loved the Titanic dance. Tiffany grew on me as well.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
I thought the judges were strangely harsh to Alexa (wasn’t she the dancer from a previous season?).
Alexa almost made it last year, but was the one who was not selected at the end of the top 20 selection show.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I missed several weeks this season, but I got to watch the whole finale last night! I really enjoyed it, and I was happy with the winners. Chehon surprised me. I am definitely a fan of Eliana. I'm sad it is over!

Be a Volunteer!