Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,391
2 members and 1,389 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 06-26-2002, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

what is your family?

this is an attempt to get our forum going....well anyway at my school there are certain families you are in; depending on who your big sis is. welll my family is the "ellemouse" family. its weird i know but its the elephant and the mouse families stuck together. they became to small so they decided to merge. its funny how time changes things, because i heard a few years ago the mouse family had the most sisters in it. oh well...others like the penguin, dino, panthers are what other families there are. every family has its own uniqueness depending on your character. the ellemouse are known to be reserved, which i feel that i am sometimes.....do you guys have something like this? if so please post!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh yes - we had families and yes we named them!
We made a family tree for them each time a new member was added (so pretty much every semester). I can't remember all the names of the families but mine was 'The Big Family', obviously we were the largest.
We would also break up into family teams when we did Sig Kap jeopardy before the new members took their exams. My family won many times!!
SigKapAZ and SigKapSundevil are both in my family I must add that as their Pledge Ed I was pretty excited that they chose women in my family as their bigs so I could add them to my family tree!!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilsnakeyk
We have families at Long Beach too!!!

I am in I.A.N. family- I could tell you what it means, but then I'd have to kill you.......hehehe. But, everything in our family is based around squirrels and nuts. Everybody in the family has a nickname that has to do with nuts. My big is M.A.C. Nut, I am BungleNut, and my littles are Nutmeg (because her name is Megan) and GucciNut. We also have Nutrageous, HoneyNut, etc.

We also have:
Foxy Family
Sassy
Sexy
Black Panthers
Angel
Superstar

I.A.N. and Foxy are the biggest, followed by Sexy.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Aquastar
Cool

OMGoodness thats wicked cute!!
We have families but they dont have names :/ But im doing my best to make a family tree for my family (one of the biggests) hehe
UMass
Amherst

"Its tradition ... and you don't monkey with tradition!"
Old 07-07-2002, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Our family is the frog family...my little got more frog stuff than she knows what to do with! We used to have shirts with frog fabric, but we had to change when we ran out of fabric... I'm thinking about going to wal-mart and trying to find another frog fabric to re-start the frog shirts!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm in the Margarita (formerly Star) family!!
There's also: Fierce family, Martini family, Flamingo family, and many others!!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

This is an old thread but what the heck.

Back in the day at LB, I was a member of the DIVA family. We were by far the biggest (more than half the chapter was comprised of DIVA's).
By the time I joined the chapter, I.A.N. no longer existed and Foxy had less than 8 people in it.

I have no idea what it's like now though. It's been years.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

UFSigmaKappa - I think my daughter may be in the Martini family! I am not sure, I was only half listening when she was talking about the "family name change".
Old 09-02-2009, 03:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapQueen View Post
this is an attempt to get our forum going....well anyway at my school there are certain families you are in; depending on who your big sis is. welll my family is the "ellemouse" family. its weird i know but its the elephant and the mouse families stuck together. they became to small so they decided to merge. its funny how time changes things, because i heard a few years ago the mouse family had the most sisters in it. oh well...others like the penguin, dino, panthers are what other families there are. every family has its own uniqueness depending on your character. the ellemouse are known to be reserved, which i feel that i am sometimes.....do you guys have something like this? if so please post!!!
Its funny when you read old posts Anyway, 2 years in as a collegiate my pledge sister and I decided to switch it up, cuz we could not find anything that was cute to give to your lil. We were not as reserved and more out spoken so we decided on the monkey family....which was cool cuz we decided on family letters and a song too! Now my family is one of the biggest and the legacy lives on
Old 11-26-2011, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm in the LB family! woot woot