GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,196
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,195
2 members and 1,193 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 06-14-2002, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

This guy can help with your rush

There's an ad in the current TKE magazine for "Rush Legend" Dennis 'Buckwheat' Perry, who has been helping TKE chapters with rush for many years.

He's a new face, and gets chapter members excited about rush and trying new things.

Apparently he is now doing rush for $$$$ ($1000 or less) for any interested chapters of any fraternity/sorority.

If you need some new life in your rush, talk to Buckwheat at 317-872-6533, ext. 300.

His best-known line to close the sale: "I'm so certain that you will be a great Teke, that I want you to wear this pledge pin, which was mine when I was a pledge."
Old 06-15-2002, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

I don't know what the Fraternity Rush rules are but if a NPC sorority member said that, they'd have an infraction filed against them in less than a New York minute!!

If there are several Rush parties, that's a heck of a lot of pledge pins! Do they give them back when they walk out the door?

Old 06-15-2002, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Does this guy remind you of the movie Van Wilder?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-15-2002, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Buckwheat is actually great and has done great things for TKE. Good for him!
Old 06-15-2002, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ynnubhcaeb
Lightbulb

Another great speaker is David Stollman. He came to RU and talked to the entire greek life community. Our chapter then asked him to come back and work with us on a one-on-one basis and it really helped us out. I don't know what his information is but I will get it and post it for you, he is a little costy.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaTarzan
i wonder what TEKE thinks about him branching out to anyone..
Old 06-15-2002, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
I have met Buckwheat and he has great ideas. He even dropped by to help at rush one year. The only thing about Buckwheat is he wants you to take anyone that can afford the dues and shows interest. We didn't get many guys in rush thru him because we didn't follow the take anyone idea but we took what he taught us about how to rush and got many quality guys. My chapter is in pretty good shape now so in a way he did make a difference, and I do believe he is a great rusher.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

So glad you didn't just take anyone, I agree...not a good method. Although numbers are important at times, quality of men is more important.

Eric got a good article from TKE the other day, I'll post it in the TKE forum. It's about Recruitment, has some great tools for you all.

Oh, and KappaTarzan, I think a good Greek organization like TKE lets their men help others if they need it. I do this for chapters whether Sigma or not (I even help TKE chapters) all over the nation. If you have a talent in Greek Life, others are willing to pay to help. We all want to help the Greek system and if we all flourish, TKE will flourish even more Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by TriSigmaTX
So glad you didn't just take anyone, I agree...not a good method. Although numbers are important at times, quality of men is more important.
My point exactly. Guess from IHQ's point of view is that a large chapter is a strong chapter which may be true in a finacial aspect but I think the brotherhood would be crap.