GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,511
0 members and 1,511 guests
No Members online

Old 11-20-2010, 12:52 PM

That two toned badge is SO much cooler. I know that in our chapter some women had silver lavaliers and some had gold - this would have been such a neat symbolism of bringing them all together.

Also depending on how dark those garnets are in person...if they're more red than pink, they'll look like rubies and that badge is just going to scream Alpha Sigma Alpha.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

The jeweled badge is pretty. It's great that you have that option and it truly is gorgeous and I'm sure it would be really special.

That being said, I really like the two toned best. It does pop a lot more. What do most girls in your chapter order? Do you want to share having similar badges in common or do you want to stand out?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

See I really like the jeweled badge. I think that it is absolutely beautiful and almost understated, even though it is jeweled. Also is not pink an unofficial Gamma Phi color? That could be a neat aspect as well.

However I would check to see if the rubies are more pink or red. That could be a deal breaker for me. Also as everyone else is saying, go with your heart. You'll probably have to wait to buy another one, so go with what you can imagine being above your heart with pride.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post
I have a jeweled badge, and I've never regretted it. I've never had a problem with it, and I wear it often. I have the emeralds-- it has a persoanal meaning to me. All of the badges are beautiful...
Good Luck with your choice-- but remember pick the badge that YOU want, don't let others persuade you. It's a choice you'll have to live with forever or until you buy another badge! ;-)
Do you have the emerald phi or the pearl with emerald points? I have an emerald phi and love, love, love it.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

The two toned badge is gorgeous--it's the badge that my big sis had, so I got to wear it while mine came in the mail. If you don't like it once you get it, you can always upgrade later.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like the two-toned, but as an owner of an un-jeweled badge, I'm biased! I think the badges with no jewels are classic and will go with anything. Someday I'd live to have a flashy blinged-out badge too, but I think having a basic one that you can keep forever is so much nicer. Jewel colors come and go but the basic two-toned badge will be a recognizable symbol even a hundred years from now.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Most importantly, get the badge you LOVE, not the one you can live with. I like both of them.

Having a jeweled pin, I will add one caveat: I have sapphire points, and I've noticed over the years that, if I'm wearing ruby rings, I'm not as apt to wear my pin. But I'm really somewhat crazy about mixing stones at will.

ETA: Get thee to the Badge Trends thread! You'll see a lot of opinion there!

Last edited by honeychile; 11-20-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like the two-toned.

If I knew that I could order the jeweled one later, I would go for the 2-toned.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
Do you have the emerald phi or the pearl with emerald points? I have an emerald phi and love, love, love it.
My first badge was actually ALL emerald, but it was stolen. Now I have the emerald phi, and I think I actually like it better!!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for your opinions! After talking to my friends and sisters I decided on Saturday morning that I was going to order a badge with an all pearled phi and told my parents who said we'd order tomorrow. I was confident that this was the right decision for me. So of course mid way through today I changed my mind and decided to go for the two toned badge which I KNOW was the right decision and has now been ordered. Now to begin the long wait between ordering and receiving. Thanks all again for the input, it was extremely helpful!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on your badge! They're all lovely -- I know you're going to love wearing it.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

No matter what it is made of, our badge is gorgeous, and its meaning makes it all the more beautiful. Congratulations!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I know how hard it is to make up your mind! My badge is the pearl Phi with diamond points, but the two-toned one sure looks sharp. I'd like to have that one made into a ring.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

As much as I ADORE jeweled badges (heck, I've got two of my own), the Gamma Phi Beta badge is unique in that it is absolutely STUNNING in two-tone, and not many other badges are available that way. The jeweled option you linked to, in my opinion, also doesn't show off the stones enough to make it worthwhile, at least to me... so I truly would recommend the two-tone. If, later on, you want another badge, you can always get another one (and then post it in the Badge Trends thread, of course).
Macon Magnolias
Old 11-26-2010, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbear View Post
As much as I ADORE jeweled badges (heck, I've got two of my own), the Gamma Phi Beta badge is unique in that it is absolutely STUNNING in two-tone, and not many other badges are available that way. The jeweled option you linked to, in my opinion, also doesn't show off the stones enough to make it worthwhile, at least to me... so I truly would recommend the two-tone. If, later on, you want another badge, you can always get another one (and then post it in the Badge Trends thread, of course).
I have to agree...everytime I see the two toned Gamma Phi badge, I have to stop and look at it. It really is beautiful. I like my own badge in two toned gold, as well, and it may be my next buy. It, however, doesn't hold a candle to the look of the Gamma Phi badge.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!