GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,293
1 members and 1,292 guests
Christos-Cyp

Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Do I have to list my OTHER legacy connections?

HI! I am sorry if this question has already been asked, but I tried the search function and couldn't find a direct answer.

I am a legacy to two different chapters on campus. On both recommendation forms, the question is listed "Does the potential member have connections with other NPC groups? If yes, list affiliation and relationship."

I do not want to lie, yet I don't want to list the other legacy chapter on either, for I don't want people to assume I'm going to pick one chapter over the other. If that makes sense.

So, will they know I'm lying if I just leave that line blank? Or will it be better to just list my other legacy chapter on both sheets?

Thank you
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleGirl91 View Post
HI! I am sorry if this question has already been asked, but I tried the search function and couldn't find a direct answer.

I am a legacy to two different chapters on campus. On both recommendation forms, the question is listed "Does the potential member have connections with other NPC groups? If yes, list affiliation and relationship."

I do not want to lie, yet I don't want to list the other legacy chapter on either, for I don't want people to assume I'm going to pick one chapter over the other. If that makes sense.

So, will they know I'm lying if I just leave that line blank? Or will it be better to just list my other legacy chapter on both sheets?

Thank you
Neither of my kids wrote their own recommendations, so I can't help.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe her recs are having her fill out her personal information? (Even though they shouldnt).
Old 05-26-2010, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, include all on every resume. If you don't, they'll wonder why.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleGirl91 View Post

So, will they know I'm lying if I just leave that line blank? Or will it be better to just list my other legacy chapter on both sheets? check your pms.

Thank you

unless someone knows you personally, or your rec. writers list your legacy affiliations, it is likely that you won't be found out.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

ita^^
Old 05-27-2010, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Her recruitment registration will ask for any legacy information. She'll need to list all of them there. If she doesn't list them, then the groups where she is a legacy will wonder why she didn't. In my world, you should NEVER leave anything to be wondered about. Be up front and list it all. If a group releases you because they "think" you'll pledge the other one, then they aren't the group for you anyway.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Her recruitment registration will ask for any legacy information. She'll need to list all of them there. If she doesn't list them, then the groups where she is a legacy will wonder why she didn't. In my world, you should NEVER leave anything to be wondered about. Be up front and list it all. If a group releases you because they "think" you'll pledge the other one, then they aren't the group for you anyway.
I'll add that most, if not all, of my daughters's recommenders asked her about any legacy or Greek affiliation of her relatives. If the girl has already sent in her legacy introduction with a RIF without the legacy information, then something would seem amiss.

Also, and I didn't know this before, but even here where I am, some chapters have chairpersons who are sent, or supposed to be, a copy of the recommendations on behalf of a girl in their district.

Seriously, in my opinion, you don't want to in the middle of even a hint of dishonesty or gamemanship. If asked, be forthright with it. Don't try to make assumptions which could bite you in the rearend.