Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,475
2 members and 1,473 guests
Phrozen Sands, scrapinfificat

Old 12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Update! I ordered the rose charms...I can't tell you how excited my sisters were when they saw the picture! I promise I'll put pictures up once we make them...it'll probably be next semester though because we want to put them together as a sisterhood.

I'm hoping to get beads like this to put on either side of the charm. http://www.auntiesbeads.com/ProductD...2-47d713730dde(only not those...wish we could afford Swarovski Crystal, but I'll have to get mine from the craft store! )

Anyway, I want to get green and clear beads like those to put on the safety pins. It'd be a clear bead, a green bead, the rose charm, a green bead and a clear bead for the safety pin things. I wanted to have 3 beads for the 3 stars, but it wouldn't look quite as good as the symmetry of four. My sisters and I decided girls don't have to put their charms on safety pins, though. They can put them on their lavalier, on a bracelet etc. We love being individuals, and this way we can have our common thread used in individual ways!

You guys are awesome for all your helpful suggestions. I'm so proud to be a part of an organization that keeps the bonds of sisterhood strong, even when we don't (personally) know each other. AOT love to you all!!

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds Darling!!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

In case anyone was wondering, here's what we ended up with. Sorry it took so long to post...spirit week/recruitment took over my life the past few weeks One of my sisters took this picture...

I've been telling everyone who asks that I found the charm thanks to my sisters on GreekChat! AOT!!

The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

OMG! That's so cute! I absolutely love it. Nicely done xomanadaxo!!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Pardon the lane swerve, but I wanted to share something that we did as pledges in AXiD. We used to wear a blue bandana somewhere on our body (it was a pledge thing, we had it on us most of the time). We got really creative, from using it as a headband, to tying it around our ankles, to even tying it on keychains or purses (or crutches, for the particularly clumsy girl with a bad knee).

Obviously it wouldn't be a mandated thing, but the point is, when people saw seemingly random girls wearing a blue bandana, in various areas on campus, they asked "what's with the blue bandanas?". Whatever you choose, make it interesting enough for people who might not know about you, to ask about it.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

ree-Xi I love that! Unfortunately at Witt we have a lot of secret societies (don't ask...lol) that wear random pins, paper clips, bells etc on their clothes (who act like they don't know what you're talking about if you ask about it) so not many people ask about our pins since the unwritten rule here is "don't ask the girl sitting next to you in class why she's wearing a vest covered in paperclips, just ignore it and move on." My campus is very strange
Fortunately, we paired the pins with our letters every day for the first week or so, so people are starting to associate the two =). It's so fun getting to tell people about KD when they ask about the pins!

Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
OK, I'm CRAZY slow to responding here, but I LOOOVE the pin that you ended up creating. So cute! Great job!!

AOT!
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

It's all good...thanks!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

So how do you get the beads on the safety pin? It looks like its on the part that isn't "free". Nevermind...I just read the rest of the thread!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!