Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,120
2 members and 1,118 guests
LaneSig

Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

What a terrible idea -- opening a criminal prosecution just to torment someone who is guilty of no crime, especially when the prosecutor knows for a fact they're not guilty. If that indeed happened, the prosecutor ought to lose her law license.

Sometimes the justice system doesn't produce just results. You can't play CalvinBall with the criminal justice system.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Not that I'm a lawyer, but it seems like anyone who witnessed and did nothing could be charged as an "accessory" to the rape. Which if that is the case, and they find the witnesses, they should all be charged as accessories.
I agree whole heartedly with this, I understand that there are laws put in place and that one must abide by them (ie. children 14 and under) but given the type of crime, the length of time of the crime and how many bystanders there were, surely a good lawyer will find some type of loop whole in past cases won or lost. Its just completely unjust to say that these onlookers are in no way responsible for what happend to that young lady. If it were someone we all knew or were close to, surely we would all see it that way.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
Why aren't more people under arrest? Only two? Unacceptable. Heads must roll. Like, YESTERDAY. Those kids should never be allowed to have a school dance again. If no one would report something like this they don't deserve it until all of those kids are graduated. Where were the chaperones? If this was on school grounds they had an obligation to monitor all areas accessible to students during the dance. No, no, no.
I agree. They shouldn't allow them to have any more school dances. That will definitely teach them a lesson.

As someone else said, even if the cops weren't called, someone could have informed a chaperone or something.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.A.S.K. View Post
I do not agree that the students should not be allowed to have social functions. The kids who were inside the dance behaving shouldn't have to pay for the actions of these arseholes. They should also put much more money in to security.
Sometimes you have to do extreme things to get the attention of others. That includes punishments that may seep over onto innocent students. But I think this situation is horrible enough to warrant that. Plus, if we are really honest with ourselves, most of the parents probably wouldn't allow their child to go to another school dance at this school.