GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,312
0 members and 1,312 guests
No Members online

Old 04-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

For someone who can't roll an r, a soft "d" is a good substitute for it. I've known tons of other Hispanics (and others) who can't roll an r so they use that.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm wearing mine now!! I love them. They took awhile to break in, but are the best things ever. I got them last summer. My big brother has the same pair and his room mate was like what you wear the same sandals now (sandals are not the same as flip flops but oh well) and my big brother was like family sandals, only cool people can wear them.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

THIS is how much I love Reefs: I just bought a pair yesterday, and I'm returning tomorrow to buy another one!!!! Hehehehehehe . God do I love these flip flops! This brand is the only brand that doesn't give me cuts and blisters. I could live in these!

The one I bought yesterday was "Ginger," and I really want to get "Sweet Pea" tomorrow. I also love "Skinny" and "Siren."

Haha, the next time I post on GC I'll probably have 3 more pairs of Reefs!

Yayyy for Nordstrom!!! It doesn't hurt that the guy who sold me the Reefs yesterday was both cute and sweet...I can't wait to see him again .

Last edited by newbie; 04-18-2002 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:52 PM

I LOVE REEFS!!!

I have worn nothing but brown reefs for the last year straight!!! Well, except to work and special occasions. I'm so not kidding when I say that I live in them. I need more!!!

They're popular in Tucson, too!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
Thumbs up

Gotta love Reefs I have 4 pairs and would own more if I could actually justify the purchases. They are extremely popular in Florida and they're beginning to catch on in Alabama. Don't know if/where they carry them in B'ham but the store I used to manage back in Auburn carries Reefs so I can always get them if/when I go visit my parents.

I found that a lot of people here like the Teva brand flip flops. They are definitely not as comfy...and I noticed that the Teva brand usually gives blisters.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Reefs are awesome!

I am in the market for new Reefs too (you can never have too many pairs)! My favorite pair that I haven't see mentioned here yet are Reef Sherbets. I am a huge fan of terry cloth, so I had to have these. Even though Reefs are so popular here, I am quite happy that I am the only one with this particular shoe.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I love reefs but I am partial to my PI PHI flipflops - does anyone else ownthe greek 101 sorority or fraternity flip flops?
Old 04-25-2002, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I was trying on Reefs yesterday and I thought the fit was a bit odd. I normally wear a size 7 and when I tried that on, my heel was right at the end of the shoe. So, I tried on an 8 and it looked better but I was worried because if the cloth part that goes over the foot stretched any it would then be too big for me and would probably fall off.

Does the cloth over-the-foot part tend to stretch does anyone know? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2002, 04:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I have really skinny feet-do they come in narrows?
Old 04-26-2002, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I just want to plug the NO BLISTERS aspect again. I hate JCREW's flip flops b/c they give me so many blisters. There is nothing worse than taking a new pair of flip flops on vaca and having your feet torn up while you walk around.

For my everyday run around flip flops I actually prefer the mens plain black to the women's. Does anyone else find that they fit a lot better?

Newbie, I am so excited that they carry them at Nordies up there. I always get mine at Pacific Sunwear or Back to the Beach.

AggieAXO, I have the skinniest bird feet ever given to a human being and while I've never found Reefs in narrows I've found they are the only brand of flip-flops I can wear without my feet sliding back and forth and blistering constantly.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Yes, I have DZ flip flops. They are my favorite ones. They are like marshmallows! And with such a classy design
Old 04-26-2002, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
In regards to the cloth part stretching out....If it does, then not by much. They mold to the form of your foot and the motion it makes but they don't stretch out and get too big. One pair that I own I've had for nearly 3 years and they still fit great.
Old 04-27-2002, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Laura, I will have try them b/c I know how you feel. Flip Flops usually do not fit my feet very well but maybe these will.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE REEFS!

Reefs are the best. Never had a single blister and of course they are the only shoe worn at UF, so you're always in style. I never thought I could make flops look dressy, but the black ones that are a little higher than regular flops don't look toooo shabby with nicer capris or a little dress. Though my favs are these old ones with camo print on the tops!

Tara

i have a phi mu castle
Old 04-30-2002, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I was ...

Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver
If you say mee-dah fast enough, it almost sounds correct...but I was having trouble withthe phonetics...couldnt get it just exactly right...how do you roll an r phonetically???? hmmmm....

Also was havign trouble phonetically with chanklah. Didnt want people pronuncing it khan-a-la or something... So chunk-lah fast enough almost works too. but one would definately need to substitute the "a" sound for the "u" sound.

carnation is teaches spanish. maybe she could help....
just take your tounge and go like this rrrrr

ITs used in english a lot (at least in old and middle english and moderrrrrn brrritsh use it alot too.
Speaking of rrreefs, the souls on mine arre wearrrrring out.