GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,008
2 members and 1,006 guests
John

Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Casting for the new Star Wars series begins

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/09...ting-underway/

A live-action TV series set in the “Star Wars” cosmos has been an elusive, tantalizing prospect for years. News of the potential production first surfaced in 2005 while George Lucas was promoting “Revenge of the Sith.” Work on the “Clones Wars” animated feature film and Cartoon Network series, though, took creative precedence. In late 2007, Lucas revealed that he and his team were about to begin writing scripts for the live-action show. Now MTV News has learned that casting for the series is currently underway.

During the junket for the Nicolas Cage thriller “Knowing,” star Rose Byrne let slip that Team Lucas is casting a wide net for actors to join the show. “A lot of my friends have been auditioning for it,” she said.

According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between “Revenge of the Sith” (Episode III) and the original “Star Wars” (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen. As he did with the “Clone Wars” series, Lucas will write and shoot an entire year’s worth of episodes before looking for a cable channel on which to air the series.

Thus, with casting just now moving forward, it looks to be quite some time before fans will be able to catch some live-action “Star Wars” on the small screen.

Bryne couldn’t have been more pleased about her time working with Lucas on 2002’s “Attack of the Clones.” “My experience was wonderful,” she said. “George is a great guy. I was just there for a week, standing behind Natalie [Portman] looking very demure and supportive. 95% of the fan mail I get is from ‘Star Wars’ and I’ve never seen them.”

As much as she enjoyed the “Star Wars” experience, Byrne, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work on FX’s “Damages,” will not be auditioning for the live-action series. “I’m on a show,” she said. “I don’t know if I look that good in space.

Star Wars with no Jedi is like......Lord of the Rings with no ring.
Smallville and no Superman.
Ham and no burger.
Coke and no cola...

...you guys get the idea.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Uhm, no Jedi or Darth Vader but set btw 3 and 4? Okie
Old 03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Uhm, no Jedi or Darth Vader but set btw 3 and 4? Okie
No Jedi I can kinda understand since they were in hiding...but Darth Vader was taking over the universe between 3-4! That makes no sense!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
No Jedi I can kinda understand since they were in hiding...but Darth Vader was taking over the universe between 3-4! That makes no sense!
Good call on the Jedi. Darth Vader should be the main character in this series. Like you said, he was taking over the universe, everbody feared him, except for the emperor and the Grand Admiral.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I remember hearing about this right after ROTS came out and George Lucas stated that "you" (audience) would see Obi-Wan and like Yoda to "introduce" the fact that obviously they weren't the only Jedi to survive the purges. Even Hayden got into it saying he would guest star but his quip back was that he "was in a black uniform". Ewan McGreggor had said he would guest star. Now this was a couple of years ago.

I get why he is wanting to do what he is wanting to do. But you have to show what Darth Vadar is doing to destroy the galaxy. You need to see DV every once in a while. Just as eventually you would need to see Jedi who survived the purges and (eventually) the twins growing up. Especially the whole Jedi, because someone has to be training the newbees. It's not like they are going to come into their own without training. Plus, Luke talks about wanting to be a Jedi, so that mean they are obviously around and enough so for Luke to hear about them in the outer rim planets.

If this is supposed to "fill the gap" between 3 and 4 a ton of stuff does need to be seen.

Okay I'm way to much a star wars junkie. LOL

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-12-2009, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Okay I'm way to much a star wars junkie. LOL
Me too....this makes me want to go play my Star War LEGOS game on the Wii....so much fun! I also have Indiana Jones and Batman LEGOs....they are cute, fun games!