Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,381
2 members and 1,379 guests
Cookiez17, John
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Can I join PBS as a graduate student(or alumnus)?

I'm a senior at a university that doesn't have NPHC fraternities. I'm planning to pursue graduate studies at one of several institutions and they all have PBS chapters (Michigan is a front runner). I'm interested in pledging Sigma. Are graduate students (or alumni) eligible to pledge? (Sigma or any other NPHC frats for that matter since my friend is interested in Omega Psi Phi). I'd appreciate some info. Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.pbs1914.org/sigmatoday/faq.asp
Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Thanks. There were alumni info but not graduate students. Is it possible to pledge as an undergraduate in another college's chapter or in any other way since my college doesn't have one?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edr1882 View Post
Thanks. There were alumni info but not graduate students. Is it possible to pledge as an undergraduate in another college's chapter or in any other way since my college doesn't have one?
That link seems to apply only to those that are already members. To get your question answered I suggest you ask a Sigma face-to-face. If you do not know any, then your chances are slim anyway.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
That link seems to apply only to those that are already members. To get your question answered I suggest you ask a Sigma face-to-face. If you do not know any, then your chances are slim anyway.
I have to know some Sigmas to have a chance!? Damn! I might be outta luck. I have few friends who are Alphas and my chances are better with APhiA. However, I really do think PBS is a better fit for me... I don't wanna try APhiA just because my chances are better there. I think it's a very poor reason so I still will try to be a Sigma: even if my chances are next to zero. Your input is appreciated nonetheless.
Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have to know some Sigmas to have a chance!? Damn! I might be outta luck. I have few friends who are Alphas and my chances are better with APhiA. However, I really do think PBS is a better fit for me... I don't wanna try APhiA just because my chances are better there. I think it's a very poor reason so I still will try to be a Sigma: even if my chances are next to zero. Your input is appreciated nonetheless.
Thanks
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Ditto on that^^^ LadyGreek

Brother, if you are serious about becoming a member, contact the HQ and I'm sure they could put you in touch with members in your area.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
yeah

my face looks like that too...

ZΦB
Old 03-16-2008, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WTF!!!!!!?????
Old 04-17-2008, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks
If you are going to Michigan, then you can contact the alumni in the area. Try Xi Beta Sigma in Detroit and they can help you. You don't necessarily have to know any Sigmas to become a Sigma as you will get to know us pretty soon if you are truly interested.

G.O.M.A.B.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rude awAKAning
HHeeeeyyy!!! I *GO* to Michigan! I'm great friends with all the Sigmas here!

Go Blue!

Why don't you... no, I'll be quiet. Never mind.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks
You don't have to know members to have a chance. I didn't know any my freshman year and I still made it.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi. I've seen these forums for a couple of years, and I am a first time poster, of course, and I am in the same boat, so I figured I would piggy-back off of this topic. Despite my attempts to try and establish a chapter at my University, it has never really wanted to bring Divine 9 groups up here, so I've been getting the stalemate for the past 2.5 years. I have 1 semester left, and when I met a older gentleman out of the Detriot Area who was visiting the Philly area for the weekend he informed me it would probably be best to try at the graduate level. However, my question is, can I join via a non-university graduate chapter(such as Philadelphia's Nu Sigma) despite not being greek-affiliated as an undergrad or is that exclusive to undergrad greeks?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqOptic View Post
Hi. I've seen these forums for a couple of years, and I am a first time poster, of course, and I am in the same boat, so I figured I would piggy-back off of this topic. Despite my attempts to try and establish a chapter at my University, it has never really wanted to bring Divine 9 groups up here, so I've been getting the stalemate for the past 2.5 years. I have 1 semester left, and when I met a older gentleman out of the Detriot Area who was visiting the Philly area for the weekend he informed me it would probably be best to try at the graduate level. However, my question is, can I join via a non-university graduate chapter(such as Philadelphia's Nu Sigma) despite not being greek-affiliated as an undergrad or is that exclusive to undergrad greeks?
http://www.pbs1914.org/index.php?page=meminfo

Membership Information
Thank you for your interest in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated. Within this section you will find information on the qualifications to become a member of our great Fraternity. After you read through the information within this section, Please fill out the “Men Interested in Sigma Inquiry Form” so that we can have a member of our Fraternity get in touch with you to discuss your interests further.

Brief Eligibility Requirements:

Collegiate Membership in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity is limited to college men who are attending and working toward obtaining a baccalaureate degree at a recognized college or university and have completed at least one grading period and have obtained a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA based on a four point scale.
Alumni Membership in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity is limited to professional men that have been granted a baccalaureate degree or other degree by a recognized college or university.
Candidates of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity must not currently be a member of or have previously been a member of another intercollegiate fraternity other than an honorary or professional fraternity.
Each candidate for membership in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity must make application to a chapter in the respective region in which he resides based upon terms and conditions outlined in the Fraternity's membership intake and development process
Closed Thread