Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,367
4 members and 1,363 guests
John, UW_dawg

Old 03-06-2005, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
Question, is Phi Sig like other groups where the badge still technically belongs to them. If it turns out this is a person who disaffiliated isn't she supposed to have turned it in and if she didn't it could technically be stealing. Or if it is a sister and the badge still belongs to her and she's selling it then to me she's still breaking rules there.

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

SoCalSweethearts is selling a leaf phi sigma sigma pin
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Why does she keep writing that she no longer has use for her Phi Sig items?

That makes no sense. If she does not want them she should give them to someone in the sorority.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

because she feels that phi sig did her wrong. whatever

i'm done trying to get through to her that she should do the right thing and give the stuff back to phi sig.

diokete hupsala
Old 03-16-2005, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

oh, and i highly doubt that any pin collector is going to want the dangle - since they don't know what it means.

diokete hupsala
Old 05-13-2005, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: ..there walks a lady we all know, who shines white light and wants to show, how everything still turns to gold
Send a message via AIM to CAREPHISIG
Quote:
Originally posted by phisigduchesscv
Question, is Phi Sig like other groups where the badge still technically belongs to them. If it turns out this is a person who disaffiliated isn't she supposed to have turned it in and if she didn't it could technically be stealing. Or if it is a sister and the badge still belongs to her and she's selling it then to me she's still breaking rules there.
i believe the badge belongs to National after a sister is disaffiliated, but that doesn't happen most of the time. We had a real crazy sister that actually melted her badge down to liquid... psycho.. there are some crazy people you run into sometimes!! hehe... selling your stuff on e-bay is nuts! Someone nationally (i think) should go on once & a while to check things out
Old 05-13-2005, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Ok, I get that the badge belongs to National after you disaffiliate/die/whatever but I don't agree with that policy. I paid a lot of money for the badge so in my mind that makes it mine. Unless they're going to refund my money I want to do whatever I want with that badge.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: ..there walks a lady we all know, who shines white light and wants to show, how everything still turns to gold
Send a message via AIM to CAREPHISIG
Quote:
Originally posted by jess_pom
Ok, I get that the badge belongs to National after you disaffiliate/die/whatever but I don't agree with that policy. I paid a lot of money for the badge so in my mind that makes it mine. Unless they're going to refund my money I want to do whatever I want with that badge.
I totally understand where you are coming from. I guess it is the way a sister is dissafilliated that makes a difference in my eyes. I think if it is for financial reasons a sister has to dissafilliate, then that's one reason she should keep the badge, but if someone is REALLY crappy about Phi Sig, what our organization stands for and tells a bunch of people our secrets, then sorry but hell NO, the sister doesn't deserve keeping something that means so much to us.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to datoester
Speaking of badges...

Does anyone know if our Beta Epsilon chapter is still active? I saw a Phi Sig badge (w/ "BE" on it) on eBay a couple of days ago. How sad. I hope nationals got wind of it and bought it...

LITP,

Leeann
Old 07-18-2005, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

There is now a Yahoo group for Phi Sigs who buy our jewellry off of ebay

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PhiSigPreservationGroup/
Old 12-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Beatz

Quote:
Originally posted by Phi Sig Princess
Just the other day my "little brother" who is a Kappa Phi Alpha (local fraternity) found a Phi Sig t-shirt at the Salvation Army for only 25 cents. He bought it for me because he could not believe someone would give it up. You would think they would pass it along to their "little sister".
A similar situation happened where I am: we are pretty close with the Phi Sig chapter at my school, and one day one of my brothers was store that makes Greek lettered shirts. On the "Sale" rack was a Phi Sig shirt! He decided to buy it and take it back to school. Funny thing is, until he graduates he has it hanging up in his room! The sisters know this and they think it's pretty funny.

Still, I hate seeing letters and badges get sold on eBay as well. It happens to many other chapters, and that is just sad to see them listed. Good luck in getting your badges back!
Old 12-30-2005, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

here's another one i just found

ebay item #5069681168

good luck!
Old 01-03-2006, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Post E-Baying Phi Sig Shirts

Hello ladies,

I have to fess up that I am actually a Phi Sig disaffiliate and I am e-baying some of my Phi Sig shirts. The reason why I left was due to both financial-related and time commitment reasons. I began to take on bigger leadership roles on campus and I became emotionally distraught with stress trying to balance everything in my life. I did enjoy my time with my sisters and it was a difficult decision for me to make – but I’m glad that everyone was supportive and understanding of it.

I was also surprised that people would e-bay badges and pins, but then again, people will do what they will. For me, I wouldn’t dare to auction such items because I feel so lucky to even have such sacred items.

But for my Phi Sig shirts, I really have no use in keeping them. I can’t pass them off to Phi Sig newbies because our chapter already has so much of those shirts that they sell the older shirts to the new classes to get clear them out. And I wouldn’t donate it to just anyone because I’d rather have the comfort of knowing that a Phi Sig has use for them instead. So I’m inviting you ladies to come look at my auction of the lot of shirts I’m letting go of.

PHi SiGMA SiGMA Sorority Tee Shirt Lot of 5 SZ. Small

Item number: 5458363333

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHi-SiGMA-SiGMA-...QQcmdZViewItem

I’ll be honest, I’m keeping 3 of my old Phi Sig shirts because they’re my favorites and I always have the thought in the back of my mind of trying to come back into the chapter to have the chance to wear them again.

Anyhow, I hope some of you ladies will consider the items and I wish you the best of luck with your chapters and the new year.

Aim High.
A Former Fellow Phi Sig Sister
Old 01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FAUNikki
I have just put up a Key Hook, Phi Sig of course. Check it out. bought it at SEPC a few years ago and never sued it and thought I'd pass it along.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phi-Sigma-Sigma-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-22-2008, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Badge:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHI-SIGMA-SIGMA-...QQcmdZViewItem