Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,353
0 members and 1,353 guests
No Members online

Old 07-14-2006, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Ques in medicine.

As in all fields, Ques have distingushed themselves in medicine, from Founder Oscar J. Cooper,MD to Dr. Charles Drew, who made incalculable contributions to blood preservation during WWII and trained a whole generation of black surgeons(and co-authored Omega's hymn, "Omega Dear") to Dr. David Satcher,MD,PhD, who served as Surgeon General of the U.S.(and until recently was Interim President of Morehouse School of Medicine, being replaced by another Que, Brother John Maupin, DDS). There is a new generation of Omegas making important contributions.

Brother Langston Holly,MD
Ruth & Raymond Stotter Professor of Neurosurgery, UCLA
(one of the top young neurosurgeons in the country, made at UC-Berkely)
<http://neurosurgery.ucla.edu/Faculty/Holly/Faculty_Holly.html>

Brother Mohan Suntharalingam, MD
Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology, Vice Chair of the Dept. and Associate Director of Greenbaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland.(a leader in research in radiation oncology, made at Brown Univ.)
<http://www.umm.edu/doctors/mohan_suntharalingam.html>

Brother Michael DeBaun, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Epidemiology at Washington University School of Medicine, who was made at Alpha Chapter, Howard Univ.,awarded a double digit million dollar grant to study sickle cell anemia.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Although he isn't famous a Bruh delivered my daughter via C-section in 2002. It was weird because I knew him socially and to think he saw all my bidness...well let's just say I couldn't look him in the eye for awhile. Sadly he was murdered by his ex-wife's father in 2004 .
Old 07-14-2006, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman
As in all fields, Ques have distingushed themselves in medicine, from Founder Oscar J. Cooper,MD to Dr. Charles Drew, who made incalculable contributions to blood preservation during WWII and trained a whole generation of black surgeons(and co-authored Omega's hymn, "Omega Dear") to Dr. David Satcher,MD,PhD, who served as Surgeon General of the U.S.(and until recently was Interim President of Morehouse School of Medicine, being replaced by another Que, Brother John Maupin, DDS). There is a new generation of Omegas making important contributions.

Brother Langston Holly,MD
Ruth & Raymond Stotter Professor of Neurosurgery, UCLA
(one of the top young neurosurgeons in the country, made at UC-Berkely)
<http://neurosurgery.ucla.edu/Faculty/Holly/Faculty_Holly.html>

Brother Mohan Suntharalingam, MD
Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology, Vice Chair of the Dept. and Associate Director of Greenbaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland.(a leader in research in radiation oncology, made at Brown Univ.)
<http://www.umm.edu/doctors/mohan_suntharalingam.html>

Brother Michael DeBaun, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Epidemiology at Washington University School of Medicine, who was made at Alpha Chapter, Howard Univ.,awarded a double digit million dollar grant to study sickle cell anemia.

Great post Bruh. I know a young man in training at John's Hopkins, who will one day join this list
Old 07-15-2006, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyQuinn
Although he isn't famous a Bruh delivered my daughter via C-section in 2002. It was weird because I knew him socially and to think he saw all my bidness...well let's just say I couldn't look him in the eye for awhile. Sadly he was murdered by his ex-wife's father in 2004 .
What a tragedy!!!! There's a bruh who's a OB/GYN prof. at a midwestern medical school; he goes by the monniker "Twat Doc."

Old 07-15-2006, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerroLoco
Great post Bruh. I know a young man in training at John's Hopkins, who will one day join this list
Thanks! Bruh, I think it's very important to highlight the diverse accomplishments of Omega men. In the black community we are celebrity obsessed, esp. as it regards athletes and entertainers. Statistically, it's much easier to make a mark in uplifting society through education than the aforementioned areas. And, secondly, we, as Ques, tend to be typecast as being more one dimensional, when we are a very diverse group of men who are doing great things in all areas of human endeavor, including scholarly and professional pursuits. We need to put more emphasis is putting forth these kinds of role models for our young men and women.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Ewwww.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman
What a tragedy!!!! There's a bruh who's a OB/GYN prof. at a midwestern medical school; he goes by the monniker "Twat Doc."
I hope you're kidding but somehow I doubt it .
Old 07-16-2006, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyQuinn
I hope you're kidding but somehow I doubt it .
No kidding, that's what he likes to go by!

Old 07-16-2006, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my sands, the only Bruh at my school for a minute, is Dr Jedan Phillips . Check out him receiving an award http://commcgi.cc.stonybrook.edu/art...cle_1098.shtml
Old 07-17-2006, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoyred
One of my sands, the only Bruh at my school for a minute, is Dr Jedan Phillips . Check out him receiving an award http://commcgi.cc.stonybrook.edu/art...cle_1098.shtml
I know Jedan!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoyred
Kudos! It's always good seeing bruhs accomplishing positive things, living up to the vision of our Founders and our Cardinal Principles.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Coleman Love

Jedan has Coleman Love going on. He married a delta
Old 12-28-2007, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

bruhs in medicine

Dr. Bowles (Mighty Rho Psi, Tenn St. Univ) is a great IM doc in Nashville (also team doc for TSU football). I'm also graduating with a great bruh from Tuskegee (Meharry Med Coll c/o 2008). I don't want to put his name out there, but he is going to make an excellent physician and will recommend him to all of my family.