GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,577
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,194
1 members and 1,193 guests
John

Old 01-22-2002, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Not to argue with you 33girl,

But...

I do have some"good" breeders as clients. They take care of their litters and see a veterinarian on a regular basis. I however, cannot support a profession that promotes breeding knowing there are thousands of dogs and cats put to sleep every year in shelters. If people woud stop breeding there would be more homes for the shelter animals instead of euthanasia.

and as Bob Barker says everyday-help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:39 AM

I know what you're saying aggieAXO, and if I ever got another dog it would most likely be a "Heinz 57" mutt from the local no-kill shelter. Fact is though, there are people who will always want purebreds...if there weren't, there wouldn't be breeders. Someone who has it fixed in their head that they want a poodle will go to a breeder whether there are 2 dogs or 200 dogs in a shelter. I blame the people who get a family pet, let it run loose and are shocked when it "does the nasty" with a neighbor dog and comes home expecting. Unless you're going to breed professionally and pre-place the pups, when you buy a dog or cat, HAVE IT SPAYED OR NEUTERED!!

http://animal-friends.org/abc.html
Old 01-22-2002, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

?! Image hosted by Tripod, Sarah?
Old 01-22-2002, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaGam1019
?! Image hosted by Tripod, Sarah?

Zip it Nina I was going to add a photo of my pound puppy Shelbie - but it didnt work
Old 01-22-2002, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

you should upload the pic to a different server-- (one at work maybe)...I think geocities and tripod have problems with posting "their" material on other sites
Old 01-22-2002, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aggieAXO
Not to argue with you 33girl,

But...
I however, cannot support a profession that promotes breeding knowing there are thousands of dogs and cats put to sleep every year in shelters. If people woud stop breeding there would be more homes for the shelter animals instead of euthanasia.

i feel exactly the same way---EXACTLY
Old 01-22-2002, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My family has always has pure breed dogs but I decided to find a puppy in need of a home. She is the best dog I have ever met and only cost $20.00!

She was supposed to be a golden ret. and lad mix, but she looks like a white lab, I guess she is full grown(1.5 years old) and is 68 lbs. If I knew how to post pictures I would. She is the cutest doggie ever, she does have a shedding problem, but I have hardwood floors and "swifer" everyday!

Her story: A family friend who owns a farm found her tied to a tree when she was 3 months old (10 lbs). She had ear mites and mange. She is in great shape now but has a little bald spot on her nose...it's cute. She is very gentle, I think if someone did break in she would cuddle them to death.

I could go on and on, but I would never go anywhere but a shelter to get an animal again. It is so sad that so many animals are in need of homes.