Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,168
1 members and 1,167 guests
No Members online

Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Looks like reports by Fox News and Insight Magazine about Obama attending an extremist madrassah in Indonesia is wrong. I was kinda suspicious when I saw SDN in front of the name. SDN is a public school and this particular SDN is in Menteng, an elite area of Jakarta.

What ever happen to fact checking?

http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/m...yid-18151.html
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/...ation/?opinion
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ics&id=4969900

Last edited by moe.ron; 01-26-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

So, it's official now, (that he's in the race) right?
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Speaking as a new resident of the city of Springfield, IL. Yes. He's in the race. (It was CRAZY here)

I have to say, I'm fond of his campaign logo.

Clean, simple, and very evocative of the Midwest I think. (Sun over fields)
Old 02-12-2007, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I have to say, I'm fond of his campaign logo.

Clean, simple, and very evocative of the Midwest I think. (Sun over fields)
I like it, too. Very impressive.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh man, one of my favorite things about Barack is that he went to stupid Columbia too...and doesn't seem to care too much about having gone there. LOVE him.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm impressed with Obama so far. But what attracts me, and I think others, to him is something a little intangible. People are captivated by his speeches, and his background is fascinating. I think his age and lack of political experience can be spun as a good thing...he isn't tainted by politics yet, his image as a younger up-and-comer will attract younger voters, and his age and background provide him with a different point of view (and solutions) than old career polititians. I think this certain chemistry is worth more than what people are willing to acknowledge. Obama has a speaking style that draws you in and makes you want to listen to him (at least that's what I've seen when I'm in a room with people watching him on TV), which is certainly an asset for the President.

I think voters in '08 will be looking for a fresh perspective, and for someone who makes us proud of what our country is and what can still come to those who are willing to take a chance here. At this point I would much rather vote for someone based on character traits and goals versus experience. Really there is NO ONE with the experience to be President of the United States, and whomever is elected will be surrounded by advisors anyway. Therefore, I want someone INTELLIGENT, inspiring, humble, and couragious enough to do some things we need done to fix our own country for a change. I am also looking for a President that understands this country needs more than just tax cuts and religion to make itself healthy.

Last edited by PeppyGPhiB; 02-13-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
I'm impressed with Obama so far. But what attracts me, and I think others, to him is something a little intangible. People are captivated by his speeches, and his background is fascinating. I think his age and lack of political experience can be spun as a good thing...he isn't tainted by politics yet, his image as a younger up-and-comer will attract younger voters, and his age and background provide him with a different point of view (and solutions) than old career polititians. I think this certain chemistry is worth more than what people are willing to acknowledge. Obama has a speaking style that draws you in and makes you want to listen to him (at least that's what I've seen when I'm in a room with people watching him on TV), which is certainly an asset for the President.
If only we had a simpler word for this . . . dunno, like eight letters or something . . . wow

if only?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
If only we had a simpler word for this . . . dunno, like eight letters or something . . . wow

if only?
Oh KSig, you card! But seriously, I'm getting my citizenship paperwork going now so I can vote next year.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".