GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,527
0 members and 1,527 guests
No Members online

Old 12-27-2001, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Worst thing you did to a sibling?

A bunch of us were sitting around discussing this recently...I can't say I did much besides psyching out my younger siblings. Like if my sister made tea, I'd hide it while she was putting the tea up and then she'd freak out because she'd lost it, never knowing what really happened. And she doesn't to this day!

However, the worst thing anyone told the other day was that he got tired of listening to his brother yap so he stapled his lips shut. Any more shocking stories?
Old 12-27-2001, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh gosh, when my mom would make my younger sister and me each a bowl of ice cream and one would be a little bigger and I would want it, I would elaborately cough on it so that my sister wouldn't want it.

Seriously though, I couldn't STAND her when we were growing up. We get along much better now, thankfully, and I am no longer coughing on her food!
Old 12-27-2001, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Its not exactly the WORST thing - but I think one of the funniest:
My brother and I mixed up some mayo with blue and green food coloring, and stuck it in one of those bags you put icing in - and squeezed it into an empty tube of toothpaste...needless to say my sister was furious after she began brushing her teeth with mayonaise.
Old 12-27-2001, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
Oh gosh, when my mom would make my younger sister and me each a bowl of ice cream and one would be a little bigger and I would want it, I would elaborately cough on it so that my sister wouldn't want it.

Seriously though, I couldn't STAND her when we were growing up. We get along much better now, thankfully, and I am no longer coughing on her food!
ROFL. Reminds me of a VW commercial I saw today - The guy is on the cell calling someone saying "its in silver, hurry up" and then he sees some other people, with a salesman walking towards the car. So he leans down and licks the door handle on the Jetta and they look at him like "ew"
Old 12-27-2001, 04:45 PM

My sister had a boyfriend when she was in middle school (I was in high school...my freshman year). I was so jealous because I didn't have one. He called one day and I happened to pick up the phone. I proceeded to ask him a billion questions. I really embarrassed my sister. I feel bad about it now.
Old 12-27-2001, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow....I must be really mean......

My brother, who is my favorite sibling over my sister, was about 8 when I was 12. I was in a bad mood, and he kept on trying to come into my room. I kept screaming at him to get out, but he would just stick his toes into my doorway. I would say "If you do that ONE MORE TIME, you're going to get it." Well, this went on for about 10 minutes, and I couldn't take it anymore.
So I chased him into his room, tackled him, and beat the crap out of him. I can't be that tough because he was laughing the whole time. That infuriated me to the point where I just left.
Needless to say, I never tried again. Besides, my brother is now in the Air Force and he could put a hurtin' on me! LOL
Old 12-27-2001, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
My sister and I are 9 years apart, so when she was growing up she didn't really care for me, her (much) younger sister. Plus, when Ali was a teenager she was the devil incarnate. Snotty to the extreme... well, one day she came to the beach with my mom and I. She must have been around 16, which makes me about 7. She was on her period, so she was PMSing, bloated, and just being a general B*tch. Fast forward....

The whole day all she wanted to do was lay out instead of play with me, so I was pissed. Towards the end of the day her boyfriend came down to the beach, and Ali got up to meet him, carrying these giant coolers in each hand. I ran behind her (she was wearing a bandeau-top bikini, the kind with only a back clip) and undid her top. It fell to the ground, and since her hands were occupied she couldn't pick it up immedietely. To top it off, as I was running ahead of her outstretched hands (which were trying to wring my little neck) and I yelled to her boyfriend... "Richie! Ali FARTED! And her whole body REVERBERATED!!"

(I had a big vocabulary.)

I'm surprised she really didn't kill me.
Old 12-27-2001, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

sit back and get comfy

I was the Bad Seed when it came to the middle sister, who is three years younger than me and seven years older than sister #3 (there are three of us). Some examples:

1) You know how kids like to act out scenes from their favorite movies? Well, when I was a kid, I really liked "The Wizard of Oz." I would put on my mom's shoes and get a basket and pretend I was Dorothy. And you can't be Dorothy without having a Toto, right? So I recruited my sister to be Toto...I took my jump rope and tied it around her neck and led her around the house. We didn't have a dog, so there weren't any real leashes.

2) My dad is a fabulous cook, and he makes pizza from scratch that everyone in the family is just crazy about. One night when I was about 3, closer to 4, he made pizza and there were leftovers, which he wrapped up and put in the fridge. Very early the next morning, I woke up and decided I was hungry. I went downstairs, got the pizza, ate it, and left the part of the pizza I didn't eat on the chair in the den, with tiny teeth marks in it. Then I went back to bed. When I got up and went downstairs again, my parents confronted me:

"How did that pizza get on the chair in the den?"
"My baby sister ate it!"
"Perhaps...but your baby sister doesn't have any teeth."

So much for getting her in trouble.

3) Following my mother's instructions to put my things away when I was done playing with them, I put her in the toy box.

"Where's your sister?"
"Oh, I put her away."

4) When they first brought her home, I played with her for a little bit and then decided she wasn't very interesting. I then turned to my mom and said "Okay mommy, I'm done playing with the baby. You can take her back to the hospital now."

5) My dad was in the bathroom, and since he was just shaving he left the door open. My sister's room was at the left end of the hall, and mine was on the right, with the bathroom in the middle. He heard crying from her room, and saw me racing down the hall to my room with my hands over my tush. He called me over to him.

"Why is the baby crying?"
"The baby hurt her head!"
"How did the baby hurt her head?"
"I dropped a piggy bank on it!"

She got back at me a few years later and broke said piggy bank. These were the ceramic kind, mind you.
Old 12-28-2001, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
Red face

me and my older sister are only a year apart, so things would often get magnified beyond repair when we were younger...which i guess is why i am such a drama queen to this day...sad.

her sophomore year, i think, of high school she had to have jaw surgery...she was in surgery for 8 hours and then all her food had to be put in a blender and fed to her in a seringe (sp?) for 8 wks b/c she couldn't open her mouth and she was swollen up like a blow fish...ANYway, we had this BIG thing with who's turn it was on the phone. i had all these important phone calls to make/accept, and she was always on there with her stupid boyfriend. one night about 4 wks after the surgery, i was determined i was going to be on that phone in 5.2 seconds...and when she wouldn't get off and mumbled "find something else to do", i did...i smacked her as hard as i could right on her jaw. the phone fell, she couldn't even scream it hurt so bad, and i just ran for the hills...

ah, memories.
Monica

My Facebook
Old 12-28-2001, 02:41 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

I don't have any siblings.
Don't take them for granted!
Old 12-28-2001, 08:28 AM

When I was a kid, whenever we got a new bag of cookies I would hide the bag and secretly eat one or two here and there to prevent my brother from having any...i've done a lot worse, this is just something that sticks in my memory right now
Old 12-29-2001, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

HAHAAHa

Oh memories.
When I was 12 and my brother was 10 we were left alone in the summer while my parents worked.
I used to get mad at him and him at me. SO I would go and slap him upside the head. We would get into. Once I threw him down the stairs. If he started crying, I would tell him I was sorry and not to tell mom then a few mintues lateer I hit him again.
My mom never did find out- it's been 8 yrs.. I told her over Christmas break and she had no idea that occurred she told me," Lana, you were suppossed to be taking care of your brother not beating him up."
She did find it funny. Of course my brother is a lot bigger than me now so we don't fight.
Old 12-30-2001, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I'm telling mom!!"

Bringing back memories of my sister and me. I was the younger sibling....
Old 12-30-2001, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Once in a blue moon I'll take a nice cup of cold water and when my brother is taking a shower I'll mistakenly throw it in there. We love to play games.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Pulled my sister's arm out of the socket...
My brother and I were playing house when I was little and my sister was pretending to be my "daughter" and my brother pretended to be a kidnapper...well basically we both took a hand and kept tugging until Jessica started crying.
The funny thing was that my parent's waited in the emergency room forever and my sister said she was fine all of the sudden. Turns out her arm popped back into place on its own.
Needless to say we weren't allowed to play "tug of war" with her ever again!

The same brother and I had an incident when I was little as well. We were taking a 3 hour car ride without pillows. I got the brilliant idea to take turns using each other's heads as pillows. Of course he had to be the pillow first...
Poor kid - he kept asking, "Amy, is it my turn yet?" and I'd say, "No, I'm not asleep. Be quiet." LOL

As for my youngest brother, I was once left to babysit him with my boy cousin who is a year older. Well he was busy watching football and I knew my brother needed a diaper change. So I told my cousin since he was getting paid, he should do it. Instead, I ended up having to do it. The terrible part is I couldn't get the tabs on the diaper to stick, so I duck-taped the diaper to my brother. LOL...man, my parent's had fun trying to get that one off!

Last edited by Hootie; 01-02-2002 at 05:28 AM.