Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,355
1 members and 1,354 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 12-21-2005, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Our bylaws actually state that Initiation is to be held at a time when it is convienient for for alum to be present. A few alum actually take part in the ritual.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

we alm0st always hvae an alumn or more at our initiations. it is great to have the new initiates meet older sisters and make connections. usually though, it ends up being recent alumns as our alumni chair wasn't too hot when i was an undergrad. hopefully it will get better now that i am an alum. i know i tried to go back for it this semester but couldnt because of car issues.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
We always invite our alum to our events, be it initation or whatever, our Alum Relations persons does a good job of it. We have space so space isn't an issue. Although, most of our alum are not near the chapter many still try to come.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 12-21-2005, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Betarulz!
We're required to have an alumni at our initiation rituals. We invite Fraternal Fifties to the banquet, but I don't believe that we invite alumni to that b/c of the cost of the meals (though I suppose we could have them pay if we wanted to.)
While We do many of the same things, We do Our Founders Day and Have a Candidate go through Ritual and There is a Banquat and Alums Pay for The dinner, and with a built in for Place and for The Chapter. It is well known that is where the money is going and everyone who comes back know this and are happy.

If an over all Ritual with all going through, there should be an Initiated Advisor and some Alums there to make sure everything is done properly, Alibet any possible hazing!. I really dont think Alums will mind paying their own way. They paid to get there didnt they?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-20-2006, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JMackGPD4Life
My sorority is a little different since alumni can stay active in their undergrad chapter for awhile after they graduate so they become the backbone, advisors and support for the u.g. chapter. And we don't necessarily participate in the pledge process, but we definitely come to the initation. As they say, once a sister always a sister.

Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc. alumni