Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,105
1 members and 1,104 guests
UW_dawg

Old 04-17-2006, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Flat Stanley visits NC (and MD!)!!

So how lucky am I? Andrea (hannahgirl) is teaching Kindergarten and her class is doing a Flat Stanley project. Flat Stanley is a boy that got squashed by a bulletin board and now is flat.

He can travel all over the place since he is flat. One of her students needed someone to send her Stanley to, so she sent him to me!! He spent a week with my 5th grade students here in North Carolina. And then went on Vacation with me to visit my boyfriend Chris in Maryland. Here are some pictures of the things he did while on vacation.

Pictures of Flat Stanley's visit to NC and MD.

I'm going to get the pictures printed and send them back to the little girl along with notes from my 5th graders and a letter from me! :-)

Last edited by WhiteDaisy128; 04-17-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I SO remember that book!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
The nice thing about having cousins and nieces/nephews (since my siblings are half-siblings and are significantly older than me)...4 different Flat Stanleys have visited me over the years! One of my cousins sent Flat Stanley to me when I lived in Australia in 2001...he wanted to be the cool one who didn't send it to the most people, but sent it the furthest away. And I had a Flat Stanley visit me in Law School last year....my Law School friends had fun teaching him the finer points of Torts and Contracts

CJ, it looks like your Flat Stanley had a great time in NC!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I have 5 neices and nephews, so I have done Flat Stanley 5 times! I liked that book as a child too.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

This is the first that I have heard of this book, but it sounds like a great story for kids (and grown-ups! )
Old 04-20-2006, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

My 7 year old just sent Flat Stlaney to FL where he visited St. Augustine and the Gator basketball NCAA championship game!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

So glad to see that Flat Stanley had a great time with you CJ! We've been on Spring Break this week so I'm hoping that when we get back to school on Monday, some of the students will have their Flat Stanley envelopes sent back to them.

I had the chance to pose with another student's Flat Stanley while in DC this past weekend, however, Laura (my first little sis) forgot to bring him when she met up with us on Monday. Oh well!
Old 04-21-2006, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Flat Stanley will be heading back tomorrow morning, so there is an off chance he'll get there Monday, but it'll probably be Tuesday.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Andrea - Flat Stanley was dropped in the mail on Saturday, did he by chance make it back yet? If not today, maybe tomorrow...
Old 04-24-2006, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Just recieved one today so I'm hoping more will show up in the next couple days. Unfortunately, I believe I sent you one of the other kindergarten teacher's kids....but either way we're excited to see it! I'll keep an eye out for it! Thanks my dear!!