Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,403
3 members and 1,400 guests
Cookiez17, gatordeltapgh, PrettyBoy

Old 03-25-2006, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Death for Christ

Man, this is a real shame. It reminds me of biblical times. How doess the community feel on this one? Link Below

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12009717/
Old 03-25-2006, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

very sad...

The most profound thing I can think of to say right now is wow.

I'm familiar with the Islamic religion enough to question its foundation but if this is what being Muslim is about I don't understand it. I think any religion taken to a point where it becomes radical is too much for me. I hope this story has a happy ending for this man.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Nupeology Send a message via Yahoo to Nupeology
Sometimes you have to lay down your life in what you believe in. My question to you is would you do the same?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Hmmmm...I wonder if they might banish him from the country rather kill him. Under these circumstances, that seems to be a fair "compromise." I also wonder what he has to say about the matter.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Nupeology
Sometimes you have to lay down your life in what you believe in. My question to you is would you do the same?
I'm not sure if this was a hypothetical question or not but are you talking about the man that converted to Christianity laying his life down or are you talking about radicals laying their lives down for what they believe in?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Nupeology Send a message via Yahoo to Nupeology
My question MQ was that he decided Christanity over Islamic Teachings. In a country that was fully Muslim. This morning they are reporting that hundreds of people want him to be put to death. He knew the risk of going against Islamic Teaching and that risk would be death..So if put to death he would have laid down his life for what he believed..What we do that?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Re: very sad...

Quote:
Originally posted by MightyQuinn
The most profound thing I can think of to say right now is wow.

I'm familiar with the Islamic religion enough to question its foundation but if this is what being Muslim is about I don't understand it. I think any religion taken to a point where it becomes radical is too much for me. I hope this story has a happy ending for this man.
This is NOT what being a Muslim is about.

There are people in every religion who twist it to suit their own agenda. There are radical people in every religion.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My question MQ was that he decided Christanity over Islamic Teachings. In a country that was fully Muslim. This morning they are reporting that hundreds of people want him to be put to death. He knew the risk of going against Islamic Teaching and that risk would be death..So if put to death he would have laid down his life for what he believed..What we do that?
My answer to this question is NO. That's just being honest. As American Christians we enjoy the comforts of accepted religion. Yet we fold when a friend wants to smoke pot, cuss, drink, and fight in our presence. Many of us would not go so far as to sacrifice our lives for the cause of Christianity. We don't even like to profess our faith publicly.

This man is a hero. In look up to him...
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Very, very good question. I would like to say that I live for Christ so it shouldnt be difficult to say that I would die for Christ. The truth is I sometimes struggle in my walk and many times feel weak and extremely flawed. As an American, we are so spiritually lazy, it is so hard to say what I would do in that situation when I have no frame of reference to go on. I like that question and the link. Food for thought.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: very sad...

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilance1922
This is NOT what being a Muslim is about.

There are people in every religion who twist it to suit their own agenda. There are radical people in every religion.
I figured so much which was why I made the statement about radical religions.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with you. There are alot of religious zealots in every religion. And alot of times, people twist religion to fit a economic and social norms. That's why I believe that alot of radical muslims come from the middle east. All they know is war, and death. As as for me. I would want to say yes I would die in the name of Christ, but u never know until a situation like that arises. I might not die for Chirst, and then try to lead that many more to him!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
I agree with you. There are alot of religious zealots in every religion. And alot of times, people twist religion to fit a economic and social norms. That's why I believe that alot of radical muslims come from the middle east. All they know is war, and death. As as for me. I would want to say yes I would die in the name of Christ, but u never know until a situation like that arises. I might not die for Chirst, and then try to lead that many more to him!!!!
I agree completely.