GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,500
0 members and 1,500 guests
No Members online

Old 02-23-2006, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to coastalpike
PsychTau,

When our president was informed of the decision the school did not release any evidence about what it was they were found guilty of hazing for. Through conversations with the GA and the Dean of Students we have been able to get all of the information that we have so far.

I know for a fact that our nationals and faculty advisor has not been given this information either.

It has also come to my attention today that the school will be suspending our Sigma Alpha Epsilon Colony for a similiar incident involving alcohol.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by coastalpike
PsychTau,

When our president was informed of the decision the school did not release any evidence about what it was they were found guilty of hazing for. Through conversations with the GA and the Dean of Students we have been able to get all of the information that we have so far.

I know for a fact that our nationals and faculty advisor has not been given this information either.

It has also come to my attention today that the school will be suspending our Sigma Alpha Epsilon Colony for a similiar incident involving alcohol.
Hmmm....interesting.

Unfortunately I don't know what else to tell you...surely your HQ staff would be able to get the whole story from the school eventually. I would hope.

PsychTau
Old 03-16-2006, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

A hazing probe at Coastal Carolina University widened this week when a fraternity and sorority were suspended after asking to be investigated.

School officials had just completed one investigation, deciding to let stand a seven-year suspension of a fraternity and one-semester suspension of a sorority's social activities, when the other groups approached them.

The new investigation focuses on Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority and Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, whose members asked school officials to look into their recruiting and membership practices amid increased campus education about hazing and alcohol abuse.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to coastalpike
ok

The school did not even consider our appeal so the 7 years stands..

Last edited by coastalpike; 03-26-2014 at 08:42 PM.