Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 991
0 members and 991 guests
No Members online

Old 08-26-2001, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
R.I.P. Aaliyah

I am and will remain a fan.
I guess I just wanted to share in a public kind of way my feelings. I have been looking for more information on the plane crash. I found a blurb from AP on the ABCNews.com website. If anyone else has seen any details, please email me.

Gone but never forgotten...
Old 08-26-2001, 03:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
Post Something to think about....

I too was saddened by the sudden death of Aaliyah. While I don't think she was a fabulous artist she was nonetheless a beautiful human being and a child of God. In other e-groups I belong to people have been talking about how this tragedy made them realize that tomorrow isn't promised, etc... Personally that is something I've known for a long time. I live in a city with a very high crime rate and constantly hear stories of babies being shot or mauled by dogs.Some neighborhoods have as many as 2 shootings a week. While I am bothered by Aaliyah's death it is IMPORTANT to remember those who pass away every day and don't get their life history's on CNN or MTV. And what about the other people on the plane with Aaliyah... Death at any age or social status is hard to deal with...Just some food for thought.
Old 08-26-2001, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Re: Something to think about....

I had the same conversation with a few of my friends today as well. We should not mourn her loss. Aaliyah lived a good life. She had opportunities and saw things that most people her age will never see. And she is now entertaining a more appreciative audience. I believe Aaliyah's passing was to serve as a reminder. It does n't matter how rich you are, or how beautiful you are, we must live our lives to the fullest. 'Cause tommorrow sure ain't promised.

Quote:
Originally posted by DOVE1920
I too was saddened by the sudden death of Aaliyah. While I don't think she was a fabulous artist she was nonetheless a beautiful human being and a child of God. In other e-groups I belong to people have been talking about how this tragedy made them realize that tomorrow isn't promised, etc... Personally that is something I've known for a long time. I live in a city with a very high crime rate and constantly hear stories of babies being shot or mauled by dogs.Some neighborhoods have as many as 2 shootings a week. While I am bothered by Aaliyah's death it is IMPORTANT to remember those who pass away every day and don't get their life history's on CNN or MTV. And what about the other people on the plane with Aaliyah... Death at any age or social status is hard to deal with...Just some food for thought.
Old 08-27-2001, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
The thing that is saddest for me is the fact that she never got married or had any kids...It always saddens me to hear a young person die so early in life. I hope that I am able to have children to pass on my legacy when I die...
Old 08-27-2001, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Aaliyah

As someone who is Aaliyah's age, her death was really a shock and wakeup call for me. My friends and I were really shaken; if this could happen to someone that is our age, who knows what could happen to any of us at any moment. I'm taking her death as a reminder to live each day to the fullest and be to be thankful for the friends and family that I have.
I'll be praying for her family and other loved ones (as well as those of the other crash victims). I'm sure that they are devasted and could use some comfort right now.
Old 08-27-2001, 05:40 PM

For those interested

BET WILL BE HAVING A TRIBUTE TO AALIYAH AT 6:00 & 11:00 EST
Old 08-28-2001, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamfulOne
For those interested

BET WILL BE HAVING A TRIBUTE TO AALIYAH AT 6:00 & 11:00 EST
I doubt if I will be able to catch it tonight...but please post about how it was...
Old 08-28-2001, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to wannabez
rip aaliyah

today on 106th and park they did a tribute and played all of aaliyah's videos and it was a nice tribute. it's sad that such a young and talented person had to go so soon but she will aways be around in spirit and in song.
Old 08-28-2001, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Aaliya's music, but I like the way she represented herself. I think she was a straight A student in high school and her lyrics weren't racy. It was interesting watching her make the change from a tomboyish teenager into a lovely young woman. She will be missed.
Old 08-28-2001, 06:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
Post BET Special

I watched the BET special and thought it was very refreshing to hear such positive things about Aaliyah. It seems like she truly touched everyone who interacted with her. The only thing that bothered me was the inarticulateness (is that word?) of the dude who hosted the show. He kept asking the same questions over and over. I also watched the special that MTV had. As I stated before it definetly shed light on a part of Aaliyah most of us didn't get to see. She was obviously happy and enjoying her life. It hurts that she had to leave us so soon but I think we can all say she definetly left a mark in this world!
Old 11-07-2001, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

For All We Know....

For All We Know by Donny Hathaway

For all we know
We may never meet again
Before you go,
Make this moment sweet again
We won't say good night
Until the last minute
I'll hold out my hand
And my heart will be in it
For all we know
This may only be a dream
We come and we go
Like the ripples of a stream
So love me, love me tonight
Tomorrow was made for some
Tomorrow may never come
For all we know

This song is dedicated in loving memory to Aaliyah and her crew, all of the people who lost their lives in the World Trade Center and Pentagon tragedies, and to everyone at GC whose loved ones perished throughout the course of their lives, including me.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me