Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,235
4 members and 1,231 guests
John, LaneSig, Phrozen Sands, PrettyBoy

Old 06-25-2005, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Brain_Damage Send a message via Yahoo to Brain_Damage
I need advice

Me and my girl have a long distance relationship and her parents don't approve she knows her parents don't like me but she keeps pushing for me to go visit them with her why i am with her. Her mom approached me in an ignorant way the other day and before i got nignorant(ha ha) with her i composed myself. i love her and she loves me but i really am tired of the coldness i get from her parents so should i just end it because i don't see myself getting anywhere with her parents. I would like to marry her but i would also like to ask their blessing but i don't think that will happen. I just don't want to get in to deep before everything blows up what should i do
Old 06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

If you really want to be with this person then you have to decide how to best handle the situation with her parents. How long have you been dating? Why don't they approve of your relationship? Have you made every effort possible to be polite and respectful when speaking with them? Maybe they don't know enough about you and they are trying to protect her.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been with her for three years. I am always respectful to her parents. But her dad doesn't like me because i was in the military and i guess he thinks that military guys are no good. And her mom is just mad because we have a long distance relationship and we only get to visit eachother for like 2 weeks at a time. They are from italy but live in canada and i guess the way they did things in their time is not what we are doing now and i guess they don't approve but i don't know what else to do.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Quote:
Originally posted by Brain_Damage
I have been with her for three years. I am always respectful to her parents. But her dad doesn't like me because i was in the military and i guess he thinks that military guys are no good. And her mom is just mad because we have a long distance relationship and we only get to visit eachother for like 2 weeks at a time. They are from italy but live in canada and i guess the way they did things in their time is not what we are doing now and i guess they don't approve but i don't know what else to do.

Brain Damage, I am assuming that you are not Italian. Maybe her parents want her to marry an Italian man. They refuse to give you any respect.

Don't end up like Ben Affleck who was engaged to J. Lo. J. Lo will date outside her ethnic group for years (remember Ben and P. Diddy), but she quickly married someone within her ethnic group (remember the unknown waiter, Cris Judd, and Marc Antony, her new husband).
Old 06-28-2005, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

yea im not italian i'm black and i said to her that might be the reason but she keeps saying its not she keeps saying they have to get to know me but they don't even try so i have no clue i'm outta options.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
yea im not italian i'm black and i said to her that might be the reason but she keeps saying its not she keeps saying they have to get to know me but they don't even try so i have no clue i'm outta options.
How deep is her love for you? The deepness of her love will determine the answer to my next questions.

How much do she value her parents approval? What is more important to her your love or her parents' blessing?
Old 06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

She loves me alot and she's not really paying her parents any mind she keeps telling me they'll come around. She wants to be with me regardless of what her parents are saying. I'm just tired of getting the cold shoulder.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She loves me alot and she's not really paying her parents any mind she keeps telling me they'll come around. She wants to be with me regardless of what her parents are saying. I'm just tired of getting the cold shoulder.
Keep your head up and stay patience.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

hey i just happened to come across your post and was wondering how everything worked out with you and your girl. you sounded like you really liked her and you got alot of good advice so how about an update to how things worked out. are you guys still together?
thanks