Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,139
1 members and 1,138 guests
No Members online

Old 11-02-2001, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to wannabez
Why did you choose Zeta?

I am interested in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. and whenever I say why I'm interested( because of your motto, community service, and the vibe i get from the members on my campus as well as other members who i've came in contact with, and history) I get a reply like " what else"? what are some of the things that made you all interested in Zeta? are their similiar reason to mine?
Old 11-02-2001, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hmmm, why did I choose Zeta? I get asked this question often and a small part of me gets offended at times. Why not Zeta? True, all sororities hold scholarship, service, and sisterhood dear. However, Zeta sets itself apart from the others by including Finer Womanhood. To me, Finer Womanhood is why my sorority is so diverse. We know that a woman is beautiful and valuable because of how she carries herself and how she treats others not her physical traits or the type of car she drives.

I personally chose Zeta because of sisterly love. As an only child, I was always drawn to small tight-knit groups. The Zetas on the campus when I was in school were small in number but large in heart. That's special something about Zeta; though we may have our differences as women, a part of us still remembers the oath we took to always be there for our sorors even if we disagree with her.

Sorry for the length but sometimes it's necessary to remind myself why Zeta is (and will always be) so important to me!

Tiffany
Old 11-02-2001, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Wink if you...

search through the archives, you will find many wonderful stories about why some members chose the illustrious Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Someone sent me a note on BP and asked that question and here it was as well as my response:

why did you join this sorority?

WHEN I CAME OFF LINE
THE OLD HEADS SAID IT WAS GREAT
MY SORORS ALSO SAID OTHERS WOULD COME AND HATE
ONLY A "GIRL" LOOKS IN THE MIRROR AND WANTS TO HIDE
BUT A WOMAN EMERGES PAST THAT AND SHOWS HER PRIDE
"GIRLS" PLEDGE BECAUSE OF THE IMAGE THE SORORITY PERCEIVES
WOMEN PLEDGE BASED ON WHAT THE SORORITY BELIEVES
I AM NOT A WOMAN BECAUSE I PLEDGED ZPHIB
I AM A WOMAN BECAUSE OF THE FINERWOMANHOOD SHE TAUGHT ME
ME AND MY SISTERS HANG TIGHT BECAUSE WE HAVE THAT LOVE
ME AND MY BRUHS ARE TIGHT BECAUSE WE REPRESENT THE DOVE
WHEN A MAN IS WITH ME HE DOES NOT HAVE TO HIDE
BECAUSE WHEN YOU HAVE A ZETA YOU HAVE A WOMAN ON YOUR SIDE!

I did not write this, but I share the exact same sentiments. If you read my page carefully the answer to which you seek is written there. There was simply, no other choice. Zeta was the ONLY way for me. I pledged for Sisterhood, Service, Scholarship, and Finer Womanhood. My interest was never in what was popular at the time or who had the biggest line or who was the prettiest. When you are secure in self, you don't look to a sorority to bring you the things/qualities that you are lacking, you look for the important things like true sisterhood, scholarship, service, and Finer Womanhood. No other Sorority will ever hold a candle to Zeta Phi Beta. Zetas are tight and I am honored to be among the Sorors of this great Sisterhood.

and this is what is on my BP page:

On Zeta, A Zeta Woman is One of a Kind, she doesn’t need a Sorority to tell her she’s fly, pretty, on-point, about business, she knows it already! She became a Zeta for what she could add to Zeta not for what Zeta could do for her (i.e. She didn’t need Zeta to become popular). She always adds some spice and originality to the mix. She’s a leader, not a follower. She’s an originator, never a duplicator. She’s sassy, sweet, sophisticated, classy, and always full of grace. She’s a Finer Woman, A Zeta Woman! YOU BETTA RECOGNIZE! Pledge with the best or Pay for the rest...