GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 993
4 members and 989 guests
JayhawkAOII, PGD-GRAD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2004, 05:40 AM
GreekChat Member

NPC & NPHC Sorority poem

I found this poem a while back while searching the net, don't ask me where because I lost the link when my old computer cashed and wanted to share it here to see if anyone ever saw it.

It was kind of fun to figure out each GLO, btw there are 30 GLOs in total 26 NPC and 4 NPHC.

Sacred Things

A sailboat on the sea moving forward, a compass guides, drifting side by side are a trident and 2 anchors just off the bow.

Wisdom is sought in the eyes of a squirrel, 2 lions, giraffe, poodle, snake, or owl.

A crescent moon shines, 2 torches and a roman lamp light a flight of a phoenix, while the sphinx waits patiently of riddles to be solved.

A kite, dove, and arrow fly through the sky, while below a gentle breeze drifts across the strings of a lyre.

On the beach each laying in wait are 2 ivy leaves, a sheaf of wheat, quill, triangle, crown, key and nautilus shell.

These things are mystical and have great beauty. Of course the women who hold each sacred, are gathering for they only know what each truly mean.

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 09-05-2007 at 12:33 PM.