» Online Users: 1,448
5 members and 1,443 guests
3DGator, indygphib, MSKKG, PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2015, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Sexism or Lack of Professionalism?

Quote:

Bentivegna, a computer science major from New Jersey, thought her interview about two weeks ago at OnShift, makers of scheduling software for nursing homes, went well. She'd been contacted out of the blue by a recruiter for the position and though she agreed to the 4 p.m. interview time, she did note she'd likely be a few minutes late.

She got to the Euclid Avenue office of OnShift, she said, at about 4:20 and all seemed well
. She interviewed with several people, then went back to her dorm where she expected to hear good news in the days ahead.

"I got a good vibe from them," she said.

Wednesday, she got a call from the recruiter, Julie Maurer of Silverline Consulting in Akron. It was not good news.

"She said they'd love to hire me based on my technical ability and my personality, but were not going to because A: I looked like I was about to go clubbing and not be on an interview, B: I had a huge run in my tights and C: I was late. And I told them I was going to be late," Bentivegna said.

They also said she just wasn't "put together."

"I am a full-time college student with three, no make that four jobs. I am put together," she said reeling off her gigs as a grader in an algorithm class, a lab assistant for intro to programming, a resident assistant and webmaster for the theater and dance department.

Her fb post

http://www.cleveland.com/tipoff/inde....html#comments

I just there are so many things wrong with this. She sounds like an entitled brat who has no clue about professionalism, interviewing or general guidelines for acceptable outfits in certain situations.

You shine yourself up for an interview just like you do a resume. Competition is fierce in this job market and if there are multiple acceptable candidates it's going to come down to other specifics.

Last edited by Nanners52674; 04-21-2015 at 02:38 PM.