GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,375
1 members and 1,374 guests
John

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

OKAY. Well, now that recruitment is over, there’s an outcome, and I don’t have to worry that I’ll be brutally murdered in my sleep (okay, slight exaggeration), I can finish my story! I actually wrote this as recruitment was going on, so you get all of the benefit of a real-time story, but without all of the waiting around! Are you excited? Because I certainly am. Oh, and for those of you who know the code, PLEASE KEEP IT ON THE DL, at least until the end. I’m far too lazy to go back and change it, so I’m just sticking with the Greek Goddess theme. You’ll notice that if I’m mentioning a stereotype, it’s in quotation marks. Don’t take it to be my actual impression, it’s just the campus. I don’t want to offend anyone. By the way, I’m a natural born writer, so this is really ridiculously long with a lot of unnecessary details. I hope you like it anyway. Okay here we go!

We left off at the time between the break up with Vince and Christmas break, a total of about a month. There were two weeks before Thanksgiving break, and I went out quite a bit with the girls. I went into Thanksgiving feeling a bit better about the break up and just life in general. I have the greatest friends. I could not have gotten through it without them. When I got back from break, I seriously think I may have lost my mind. I spent more time inebriated in that short 2-week span than I had in my entire life. My friend Serena and I spent a lot of time together along with her roommate Blair. We all agreed that our top choice was Pandora, but they were far more passionate about them than I was. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I really loved Pandora, but they were OBSESSED with getting in. Pandora was dubbed the “hot” sorority, so I’m sure that had something to do with it. I secretly wasn’t entirely certain who my top choice was because it kept changing from day-to-day. Personally, I was still leaning towards Artemis.

So the semester ends, and I’m feeling pretty good (despite an almost permanent hangover. Eep!). I felt like I did well on my finals, and I was starting to see a guy I knew from class. Christmas break couldn’t end soon enough. Skip ahead to about a week after classes resume. Meet The Greeks Pt. II has arrived and OBVIOUSLY I’m all over it