GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,305
2 members and 1,303 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 04-28-2006, 12:41 AM

Question about rush threads and negative effects on PNMs

I don't doubt that it has happened. But can anyone name some instances where a PNM posted something that actually had a negative effect on her recruitment?

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Banned

what's a PNM?
Old 04-28-2006, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ilikehazing
what's a PNM?
Potential New Member (girls who are going though rush)

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I would be interested in hearing the answer to this as well. I know that many people have mentioned instances like this or warned PNMs about posting too much information.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Well, we can't post any names but yes, there have been some. There was one who used fake names for the groups on her campus but they were still easily recognizable and she trashed most of them. She was cut from recruitment. There was another one who wasn't happy with the group she got and let us all know and her sisters saw it here and she was quickly an ex-ABC.

You have to be careful...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

nothing bad happened, but I tried to be SO careful about names and places and plenty of girls in my chapter knew who i was anyway
Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
yes, we've had a few girls that had problems during or after recruitment because of items posted on GC.

I also know that MANY chapters will use myspace, blogspot, facebook, and similar online communities to get a 'feel' for PNMs and use that as a recruitment tool (usually with negative outcomes for the PNM).

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know about rush threads, but I was perusing xanga sites during recruitment this year and found a girl who was bashing the chapters she was asked back to for first round. Even though she was asked back to 12, my own chapter included, she whined about how she was cut by 5 others. She was also dumb enough to put her name and picture on the site.

We dropped her immediately, and her next entry was whining about how she was dropped by every chapter and she just couldn't imagine why.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:16 PM

I know there was a PNM who was dropped by a chapter based on some things she said in MySpace about them after 1st party. Sororities don't cut for the 1st two rounds (with the exception of GPA), So when this chapter found out what the girl said about them, they dropped her as soon as they could (after day 2).

The funny thing is, this girl was REALLY upset that she was dropped because her feelings TOTALLY changed after 2nd, but because of her snap judgement, she got cut.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Right after I was initiated, one of the girls in my chapter said to me that she saw on GC that I would have rather been a Sigma, and if I liked them better, I should have pledged them. They were referring to two threads, one being "What Sororities OTHER THEN YOUR OWN do you admire". I said that I liked Sigma's colors (Much different then "I want to be a Sigma", unless you really think I should pick a group based on colors). And then in the "Who Did You Pref" I wrote that I preffed Sigma, which I did, but I chose ASA, so what does that say?? Things in GC do get out to local campuses.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

A PNM this year wrote in her livejournal or xanga or something about how she would only go Alpha Phi or she'd drop out of recruitment. Thank God for her she got into Alpha Phi because I know that EVERY other sorority brought it up and dropped her by the third night.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 05-01-2006, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll fess up....I don't know if it was necessarily my rush thread that did it, but I did say some harsh things about the sorority that I had "history" with.

From my understanding (from a member of another sorority that dropped me), no one really cared that I had a rush thread here (most...if not all didn't see it), it was the fact that :

1. I had rushed previously the year before
2. The sorority I had "history" with said some pretty mean things about me before rush even started.

They pretty much said that I had lied about all that I told you guys on here. Which wasn't the truth. I originally came on GC to find answers...and I did. Just didn't work out in favor of them (if you want further info...u can go ahead and PM me)

I mean, it worked out for the best (i may not be Greek, but its ok).

I guess i'm an example! Hahahaha, but its all good.