Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,148
0 members and 1,148 guests
No Members online

Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Is USC the best TKE Chapter?

I am a Mu Nu TKE who lives in Southern California. From what I can tell the Beta Sigma Chapter at USC is the just about the best chapter I have ever seen. From what I know they have 130 members, a brand new fraternity house that they spent over 3 million dollars building and a healthy social schedule?

It is so much more than I ever experienced at Platteville...Is this our best chapter in the country? Or do we have more like them?

YITB
Old 02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedawg View Post
I am a Mu Nu TKE who lives in Southern California. From what I can tell the Beta Sigma Chapter at USC is the just about the best chapter I have ever seen. From what I know they have 130 members, a brand new fraternity house that they spent over 3 million dollars building and a healthy social schedule?

It is so much more than I ever experienced at Platteville...Is this our best chapter in the country? Or do we have more like them?

YITB

Last edited by JohnnyCash; 05-08-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 PM

Take into consideration the people who go to USC are paying approximately 345635473547623476235487 times more to attend that school than people who go to Platteville.

Last edited by 33girl; 03-19-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: grammar fubar
Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I am in the pledge process for TKE at the University of Hawaii. Some USC tekes came out here during Rush and we're just totally down to earth. Supposedly they have 2 houses on greek row and around 180+ members on campus. they have a 30,000 dollar budget for rush and theyre dues are ridiculously high. But when you have money you attend USC so thts probably why they have a lot of people. I should be out there a lot since i live in los angeles. lol.

i think all TKE chapters are great. can't just base it off numbers.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:08 AM
GreekChat Member

this is an old op, but yes, in my opinion I think you're right.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Also helps when Bob Barr is an extremely active, influential alum and a member of the Grand Council.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

TKE has several other large chapters with very nice houses that are at or near the top of their respective Greek communities. The best examples (in addition to USC) would probably be the TKE chapters at Ohio State, Drexel, Mizzou, Kansas State, Illinois, Penn State, and Louisville.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMO View Post
Illinois
Respectfully disagree.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
Respectfully disagree.
LOL.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
Respectfully disagree.
My mistake on that one then. It's been several years since I've been on that campus to see how the Greek community is doing. At the time TKE had a strong chapter there, but now that you mention it I do recall hearing it's declined some in recent years.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

As of now, I would not consider them one of our top chapters. The guys are nice, don't get me wrong, but I also wouldn't consider them 'top tier' at U of I.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

<giggles at a bunch of TKEs arguing about who has the best chapter>
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina.George View Post
LOL I'm with you!

TKE has, what, 300 chapters? This is gearing to be a fun argument. haha
Old 03-19-2011, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina.George View Post
I guess I don't see what this adds to the conversation. In fact it seems to be a rather childish response. I just don't see the point of comments like this.

The original question was legitimate. The individual from the Platteville chapter experienced what the chapter at USC was like, and he's trying to find out if we have other large chapters out there like that one with large houses and a healthy social schedule. The point of the responses was to point out that USC is not alone and to try to identify some other chapters that may exhibit similar traits.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMO View Post
I guess I don't see what this adds to the conversation. In fact it seems to be a rather childish response. I just don't see the point of comments like this.

The original question was legitimate. The individual from the Platteville chapter experienced what the chapter at USC was like, and he's trying to find out if we have other large chapters out there like that one with large houses and a healthy social schedule. The point of the responses was to point out that USC is not alone and to try to identify some other chapters that may exhibit similar traits.
Don't bother defending yourself to RG.

i thought it was really just a conversation about the strongest chapters, as evidence by the fact that the OP was even talking about his own.