GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,487
2 members and 1,485 guests
Sarak24034

Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Question i really really want to be in a sorority!!

hey so like one of my friends told me tht you guys on this website will answer all of my greek relaed qustions, so here goes:::

i go to Alabama and im a freshman and i reallly wanted to rush but i got waaaaay too intinidated bc all of the sorority girls there are really beautiful and i always thought of myself as gorgeous, thats what everybody in highschool said, and well i pretty much got scared and didnt go thru rush. now 1 of my best friends in high school joined a sorority and i feel like were not firneds anymore and if i join a different house than her ill make her feel bad. so i really want to be in a top house. i mean im prettier than her so it shouldnt be too hard right? and i make semigood grades and ive always been able to get guys so that should help too right?? anyway i guess my question is should i rush in the spring or the fall?? what do u guys recommend as far as when i should rush and which top house i should aim for??

thanks in advance,
aimee

Last edited by i <3 myself; 12-02-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
*prays this is a troll*
Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

um idk what that is...
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

This is retarded.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i <3 myself View Post
hey so like one of my friends told me tht you huys on this website will answer all of my greek relaed qustions, so here goes:::

i go to Alabama and im a freshman and i reallly wanted to rush but i got waaaaay too intinidated bc all of the sorority girls there are really beautiful and i always thought of myself as gorgeous, thats what everybody in highschool said, and well i pretty much got scared and didnt go thru rush. now 1 of my best friends in high school joined a sorority and i feel like were not firneds anymore and if i join a different house than her ill make her feel bad. so i really want to be in a top house. i mean im prettier than her so it shouldnt be too hard right? and i make semigood grades and ive always been able to get guys so that should help too right?? anyway i guess my question is should i rush in the spring or the fall?? what do u guys recommend as far as when i should rush and which top house i should aim for??

thanks in advance,
aimee
QFP.

I strongly suggest that you stop worrying about what top house to aim for and instead (1) focus on your education so that you can write coherently and (2) grow up.

ETA: I, too, pray that this is a troll and not for real.

Last edited by MysticCat; 12-02-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

i <3 myself...(this is just my opinion)...i think you should not worry so much about what your friend is doing. It's not about what a sorority can do for you but what can you bring to their values. You should find out what the divine nine is really about before you jump into it. Find out who you are first, then think what do you have to offer. I sound like you have the wrong mind set about sororities. They are more than just letters, sounds, colors, and pretty faces. A sorority stand for something and if you can't contribute to what they stand for I think you should rethink joining. Again, that's just my opinion.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdynamic View Post
i <3 myself...(this is just my opinion)...i think you should not worry so much about what your friend is doing. It's not about what a sorority can do for you but what can you bring to their values. You should find out what the divine nine is really about before you jump into it.
Given that she refers to "rush" and "houses," I think she's talking about NPC sororities, not Divine 9 sororities.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

me thinks I <3 myself loves herself so much she recreated herself as missdynamic.

and re: OP... seriously?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

tld221<-------don't do me boo....i'm only one person although I have many haters and people who want to be like me, there is only one me. If you have something to say to me or about me you can talk to me but don't declare me as being a duplicate.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
That original post might be the best one I've read on GC in a longggg time.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi View Post
That original post might be the best one I've read on GC in a longggg time.
I agree. I really needed a good laugh.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-02-2009, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

MysicCat<-----I am not in a sorority therefore, I only gave my opinion. I think the girl have the wrong outlook. That's how I was brought up. And I refered to the divine nine because all of sororities/fraturnities have their own traditions, values, etc. I was telling her to research.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
MysicCat<-----I am not in a sorority
...so you should let those who are tackle this. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
MysicCat<-----I am not in a sorority therefore, I only gave my opinion. I think the girl have the wrong outlook. That's how I was brought up. And I refered to the divine nine because all of sororities/fraturnities have their own traditions, values, etc. I was telling her to research.
1.) You are NOT in a sorority so, your advice regarding rush DOES NOT really matter. Please stop.

2.) You need to work on speaking like a normal person, as well. The girl does not "have" the wrong outlook. She "has" the wrong outlook.

3.) You told her to do her research. YOU SHOULD do some RESEARCH. Last time I checked, ALL fraternities and sororities (regardless of them being NPC, NIC, NPHC, MGC, etc.) have their own traditions, values, etc.

I love how everyone called missdynamic out on being I <3 myself. I find it a bit odd that both of these posters just happened to come across GC and start posting (notice the number of posts each has). One happens to be from Alabama and the other from Mississippi because having both posters come from the same state would be an obvious duplicate (nice try missdynamic)

Last edited by als463; 12-02-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: adding
Old 12-02-2009, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

MysticCat<-------you right she probably was refering to that. my apologies