GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,652
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, willTic
» Online Users: 918
1 members and 917 guests
g41965

Old 04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to psychdesire Send a message via MSN to psychdesire Send a message via Yahoo to psychdesire
Indecisiveness... anyone?

How many times have you change your major during college?
What made you change your major?
What major would you change to if you have not changed your major in college?

I never changed my major because I knew I wanted to be in the Human Resources Field, but as graduation approaches I really wish I went for a BS in Psychology so I can do Forensic Psychiatry instead of a BA..
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM

I was an Education major (specifically HS Language Arts) up until the summer before senior year. I was doing really well in the program, but I realized that I was doing it just because it's what people kept telling me I was good at. In reality, I wasn't all that interested in teaching HS, I was just doing really well in all of the classes. Don't get me wrong, teaching is a great field, but I knew you needed a passion for it, and I didn't have that.

I was more interested in Literature and taking more English courses and writing. So I switched to an English major and a Writing minor. I fugured I'd get a Master's in English after graduation.

The funny part is that I ended up going back for a Masters in a COMPLETELY unrelated field (Counseling).

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I changed my major 3 times.

After the first year of thinking that I wanted to be an Aerospace Engineer, I learned that I hate Calculus. Then I thought I wanted to major in Journalism. Then I changed it to English/Creative Writing, then I decided on Political Science.

And through my last year of college, I wanted to go to law school. I took the LSATs, I was in the middle of applying, and then I decided to wait. I then became a Paralegal after going to another school following graduation and receiving my Paralegal Certificate.

But I'm not even sure that I want to continue doing this. I am a very indecisive person. Either that, or I just get bored easily.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-12-2009, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't change my major, but changed my mind slightly. I went to college absolutely sure I was going to be a journalist; in fact I chose BU's journalism school over Syracuse because I thought I'd rather be a journalist in the Boston area than in upstate NY.

Early in college I decided I wanted to be a lawyer, so I added history as a major to give myself a more complete educational experience (and because with AP credits I would have graduated in 2 years). I ended up working in media relations before law school, and the experience getting my history degree (specifically the research and writing) has helped in law school, so it all worked out.