GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,263
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, GoldNBlue
» Online Users: 717
2 members and 715 guests
AOIIalum, UVASquirrel

Old 04-09-2001, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Panhellenic Day at UA

Hey! I'm going to rush at UA this fall, but couldn't make it down for Panhellenic day on the 7th. Did anyone go? If so, did you have fun? What did you think about the different sororities? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2001, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I went to the panhellenic weekend at Alabama this weekend, and it was sooo worth going! We started out with a meeting where they had a fashion show for the different nights of rush and explained the different nights. They also said they'd be sending out information in early May with pictures in there of what to wear, etc plus the addresses of where you need to send resumes and recs. They then had a panel where they answered our questions, but it sounded like it was mainly for the parents' benefit and ease of mind. That afternoon, we went to 16 houses! All of the white ones because the black sororities were out of town. The only thing I have to say is this fall, it'll be comfort shoes all the way! My feet were swollen yesterday and still hurt! This really made me a lot less nervous about rush. All of the houses are super sweet, and I honestly wouldn't mind being in any one.
Old 04-09-2001, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CRMSNTiDEGRL717
hey, i went to panhellenic weekend at UA also. it was a blast. it was really neat getting to see all their houses and getting a taste of what sorority life might be like. it made sure i wanted to rush in the fall. although there were so many houses to look at they all kinda ran together, but they were all very nice and helpful. comfortable shoes, right on!!!! those will be a definate must. are yall gonna live in tutwiler?? bye
Old 04-09-2001, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate that I couldn't go! Were y'all impressed by any sororities in particular? Are they sending the info to all females that are enrolled or did you have to fill out something requesting it?
Old 04-09-2001, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I was impressed by the Pi Phi's, tri delt's, Phi mu's and some others that i can't place names on...ooops. Well we didnt have to fill out anything, they said they will send all accepted students information on rush and all that stuff, so are u gonna live in tutwiler?
Old 04-10-2001, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey ya'll!!! So they're sending it all out in May??? That is suuuuch a relief...I have so been stressing about it!!!

I couldn't go this weekend because I was at youth legislature! anyways....im living in tut!! i am soooo excited!! hey you guys email me!! pritsha1@yahoo.com

talk to you then!! amber
Old 04-10-2001, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

hey! i'm going to be at ua this fall too! i can't wait, i think it's going to be a lot of fun! oh, i'm going to live in tut also. i didn't get to go to panhellenic day ,but from what i've heard it was great. has anyone heard about when rush is going to be? i know they changed it to early sept. last fall and all of the sororities complained about that. have they set the dates yet? i hope they move it back to the week before school starts. talk to y'all later! -e
Old 04-10-2001, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

rolltidesoon---

just out of plain curiousity(SP) why do u want them to move it back?? why didnt the sorors like it?
Old 04-11-2001, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
They did that at my school too-- We used to have Rush the week before school started--bid day usually being Labor Day, then school started the next day. Then they changed it to the 2nd week of September and the sororities found it too hard to rush and do classes at the same time, PLUS everyone--Rushers and Rushees have different schedules, so by having it during classes, you rule out participation by many.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

rolltidesoon-
hi! i am also going to alabama this fall. the dates for rush this year are sept.2-sept 10. rush events will only be held on the weekends, so they wont interfere with classes, like they did last year. I wish that they would change it back to before school starts also...it would make that week much less stressful! I cant wait until next fall! ROLL TIDE!!
Old 04-12-2001, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

the reason i thought rush would be better before school started is because i think it will be so much less stressful! i don't like the idea of having to adjust to college classes and rush at the same time, but oh well! i'm sure i can handle it. the only good thing about having it later is, well i know last year, they did most of the stuff at night, so that's better than the afternoon august HEAT!! -e