GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,646
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, zalexitt5041
» Online Users: 1,334
1 members and 1,333 guests
SigmaChiCard

Old 10-31-2002, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
This Sigma Kappa house is haunted

http://barometer.orst.edu/vnews/disp.../3dc15e284215c
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-01-2002, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

That is not really news. My family's house has been haunted for years.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaTarzan
eeeeeeeeek so scary!!!
Old 11-01-2002, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

hahaha! that is my school's paper.. i go to oregon state.. i havent heard about the sigma kappa house being haunted until that article was printed...

i do know that the kappa sig house is haunted by an old house mom.. she died at the house (in her sleep, she was super old) and believe it or not, MY DAD was the one who found her dead..

i also know from experiece that the alpha phi house has a ghost/spirit... she shakes the bunks on the sleeping porch, turns music on... regular stuff but its for real.. kinda scarey!
Old 11-01-2002, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Sleeping porch

Our house is haunted too, but can someone fill me in on what a sleeping porch is? We have not heard of that in Ohio. Thanks!

Chi Omega!
Old 11-01-2002, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
A sleeping porch is a large communal sleeping room for girls who live in a sorority house. Here there are bedrooms to like get dressed, keep your clothes, have guests over, etc, but everyone sleeps in the sleeping porches.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Sometimes sleeping porches aren't heated. Ewww!
Old 11-01-2002, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CelticGal
We had sleeping porches in our house, which took up almost the entire third floor of the house. The windows were kept open year-round, and even in southern Indiana it could get quite cold in the winter, so we just piled on the blankets and slept in warm pj's or sweats. There was no talking allowed and the lights were always kept off. It sounds awful, but actually it was easier to sleep in there than in the dorms. If you wanted to go to bed early, and your roomie was pulling an all-nighter, you'd just go up to the sleeping porch.

We had an elaborate tag system for wake-ups. We would put the tag with our bed number on a bulletin board with hooks that corresponded to half-hour intervals beginning at 6 A.M. and ending at 9 A.M. We rotated "wake-up duty" and had two shifts every morning. Whoever was on wake-up would start at 6, take all the tags hanging on the 6 hook and go around and wake up the people in those beds.

To this day, I still sleep with the covers up over my head, even if it's 90 degrees out!
Old 11-01-2002, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nwsigkap
Our sorority dorm is haunted too, and there was even a story in our campus newspaper about it this week. www.missourianonline.com/2002_2003/unews/1030_robertaghost.shtml]

This year I live in the room where the girl felt Roberta hovering over her , but Ive only had a couple small occurrences with her this year. If anything freakish ever happens we blame it on Roberta, so it's kind of a joke sometimes. And we have another theory on the situation...it isn't really Roberta who's haunting the dorms, but the other girls that didn't have the dorm named after her that are....