Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,372
1 members and 1,371 guests
60αρης Ηράκλειο

Old 03-16-2004, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

going to miami

two of my friends and i are flying to miami in april for an extended weekend. anybody been there or live there? where should we stay? what are the hot spots to definitely check out? where should we definitely stay away from??

i'd appreciate all answers and advice.

tootles!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

i don't live in miami

but you would enjoy south beach. if you go on the internet look up miami, and south beach. the art deco hotels are very popular and there are many nite clubs where you might see celebs.coconut grove is another hot spot with great hotels, clubs and restaurants. have GOOD directions before you leave the airport--some of the neighborhoods around the airport are downright scary!! hope you have a great time!! lisa
Old 03-17-2004, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Stay someplace on South Beach - you can find deals on the internet, but also check out http://ww.tripadvisor.com before you stay anywhere!

The Beach has the beach (of course) shopping, dining & nightlife, while Coconut Grove has a little bit of all of the above...except the beach. Plus, it's a good 20 or so mile drive from South Beach.

Have fun!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I was just in South Beach last week and I will tell you it is amazing...and expensive. South Beach has the best clubs and bars if thats what your looking for. I suggest Mangos, Wet Willies, the Clevelander, BED, and Niki Beach.

Bring lots of cash, skimpy clothes, and a camera. Have fun too!
Old 04-21-2004, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite
well soror, I was born and raised in Miami...and I just left in July 2k3....

you might like South Beach. If you and your friends have the funds, stay down there! :-)

Make sure you visit Wet Willie's, Club B.E.D (you might like Friday's and Saturday nights....oh yeah, they have a serious dress code, so check them before you go), Aventura Mall, and Bayside Marketplace!

check this website for weekly events: http://partyspree.com/weekly%20events.htm

Make sure you rent a car! If you want to link up with some Sorors down there (if you don't know any already) send me a PM
Old 04-21-2004, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PrettyPetite
well soror, I was born and raised in Miami...and I just left in July 2k3....

you might like South Beach. If you and your friends have the funds, stay down there! :-)

Make sure you visit Wet Willie's, Club B.E.D (you might like Friday's and Saturday nights....oh yeah, they have a serious dress code, so check them before you go), Aventura Mall, and Bayside Marketplace!

check this website for weekly events: http://partyspree.com/weekly%20events.htm

Make sure you rent a car! If you want to link up with some Sorors down there (if you don't know any already) send me a PM
thanks soror for all that information. i'm staying in south beach with two friends from college. i leave tomorrow at noon and i'm gradually getting excited. car was in an accident yesterday morning so i'm feeling a bit down but looking forward to getting out of philly for an extended weekend....

i printed out that site with the weekly events too...