GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,241
1 members and 1,240 guests
MTSUGURL

Old 02-25-2002, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Programming

Hey girls!

I am part of the Beta Phi Chapter at Central Michigan University. What a great website! I am wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for Fundraisers and/or community service. I am going for this Vice President position on our leadership team next year. Hopefully, Ill find some great resources. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2002, 02:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
It depends on what your campus is like, but the big thing now is having the "male beauty pageant". Sometimes it's called Deepher Dude...other chapters call it "Big Man On Campus", but it's always a good money maker if you have a good greek system. Another good one is a date auction. This worked out really well at one chapter.

On a smaller scale, you can do things like car washes, vacuum a thons, working at theme parks or big sporting events for pro teams. These all have worked in raising funds for philanthropy.

For community service, if your town has a park, work with the town and the other Greeks to do a park beautification day, where you rake leaves, plant flowers, etc. Get the town to provide the flowers and equipment, and you'll do the work. It's a good way to build relations with the town. You can do a campus beautification process as well, where each greek organization might get a small plot on campus to keep neat or plant flowers and such.

Good luck
Old 02-26-2002, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Heather, as always, is full of excellent ideas. I'll try to add a few more. We had a hopscotch-a-thon to raise money for C.F. We hopped for 48 hours straight with the Betas. That was too long! I would cut it to 24 hours now. A talent contest, fashion show, Dream Date Auction, and Spring Fling were fundraisers I remember. Good luck!
Maybe a campus calendar with members of different orgs and teams for each month. You can do one of men and another of women. Nothing trashy just nice pictures. If you started now, you could have it ready to sell for the next school year.
You can make a Finals Survival carepackage. Fill a box with pens, pencils, and packages of hot chocolate mix, candy, cookies, etc. You can market it to parents and students and deliver them on campus.
You could probably do a search and find other similar threads with good ideas.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dphieVIP
Smile

we have held a "Singled Out" type gameshow and the one we had last year raised close to $1500. Plus, it's a lot of fun to do! Also, for fundraisers- we started one last year called "Greek Gods" and the basic idea for that is to get buckets (or if you are looking to spend the least amount of money possible- get 2 liter coke bottles and cut off the top) and put each frats letters on their bucket. People put money into the bucket of the frat they want to win. Each day when you start- it's always good to put some dollars in to get the ball rolling. We raised $600 (give or take $20) in a week. (We opened up the GReek Gods contest at the Singled out dating show- killed two birds with one stone and got the hype started.) Good luck with everything! I'm sure you will find many fundraisers to have at your chapter!

VIP
Alpha Gamma chapter