Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,081
0 members and 1,081 guests
No Members online

Old 07-09-2000, 10:35 PM

Cool WHY....don't you have sisters???

I am a senior in high school and I was researching the Panhellinic Greeks and noticed that the Kappas don't have a sister sorority. I was just wondering I am now leaning on joining Aplha Phi Alpha b/c my dad and uncles and grandpa are all APA but I wanted to know what was out there before I decided so If someone could respond to you guys not having sisters or just give me some interesting facts on your frat that I might not have found I would deeply appericate it!!!
Old 07-10-2000, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Pharoah everything that you've found out there is what we as an organization have put out there for the general public to learn about us. Everything is not for public consumption. In other words, FOR MEMBERS ONLY! We don't have a sister organization. WE are our own entity. You may find that is some area Kappas and SGRho's hang tight because we where both founded in the state of Indiana. They call it Indiana Love. But as a whole we don't nor have we ever had a sister organization. I do think it's wise that you are doing your research on other greeks cause you don't wanna pick an organization based on the fact that your dad or other family members belong. I had an uncle (RIP) who was a Que and I have a cousin who's one. It was hoped that I too would choose that path. For awhile that's what I wanted to do. But when I got to college, I was shown the light and the krimson and kreme became what I desired. Choose your own path.

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA
Old 08-01-2000, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta3_2000
Pharoah,

Actually, in your research you should have found out that there is only one NPHC fraternity that has a sister organization CONSTITUTIONALLY and that is Phi Beta Sigma. Though as Nupe said organizations may "hang tight" only the Zetas and the Sigmas are bound as brother/sister.

"Whether it's Sigma or Zeta, it's all PHI BETA!"

------------------
Peace and Blessingz,
Zeta3_2000
zka Quiet Storm
#3 SPR 2000
Sex-Z Psi Epsilon Chapter
Old 08-01-2000, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE CONSTITUTIONALLY BOUND TO BE BROTHER AND SISTER! A piece of paper doesn't make you show love to your fellow brother/sister. I consider you all my brothers and sisters. WHY? We are all GOD's children.

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA
Old 08-02-2000, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
I don't believe my Soror said what she said to be offensive. However, what she stated is true in the spirit of the question asked. I know MORE Kappas, Omegas, and Alphas who will ADAMANTLY state they DO NOT HAVE A SISTER ORGANIZATION.

I honestly don't see what your problem is here. Its better that this "interest" know the truth than to walk up to a member of your organization ad tell him I know you are the brother organization to XYK organization.

Always in Greek Love,
Quote:
Originally posted by NUPE4LIFE:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE CONSTITUTIONALLY BOUND TO BE BROTHER AND SISTER! A piece of paper doesn't make you show love to your fellow brother/sister. I consider you all my brothers and sisters. WHY? We are all GOD's children.

PS... KAPPAS are cool with me
------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!

[This message has been edited by Finer Woman10-A-91 (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old 09-11-2000, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Painting the Bronx, NY pretty PINK and gorgeous GREEN
Hon I would recomend on changing your screen name, that name may offend the brothers of APhiA

Just some words of advice

[This message has been edited by Diva_56 (edited September 11, 2000).]
Old 09-12-2000, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

WHY ON EARTH DOES THIS SUBJECT KEEP COMING UP? AND WHY ARE PEOPLE SO OBESSED ABOUT THE BROTHA AND SISTA RELATIONSHIPS IN THE GREEK ORGS ANYWAY?

THEY WAY MOST GREEKS ARE SO QUICK TO DOG OUT THE ZETAS AND THE SIGMAS, THEY SURE DO WANT WHAT BOND THEY GOT!!!
Old 09-12-2000, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Diva_56:
Hon I would recomend on changing your screen name, that name may offend the brothers of APhiA

Just some words of advice

[This message has been edited by Diva_56 (edited September 11, 2000).]
Young Man,

I agree with NUPE4LIFE. You should research all frats before deciding which one most closely matches your ideals. Regardless of your choice, be mindful that invitation must be extended for membership. Don't assume because you have relatives in an organization that you will be also be asked to join.

Futurepharoah01 I personally don't have any issue with your screen name. However, I do think it is somewhat premature for you to be exploring joining a frat. I encourage you, regardless of the organization you join, to concentrate on your grades first.

"Manly deeds, SCHOLARSHIP, and love for all mankind"

"06"

Old 09-12-2000, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Painting the Bronx, NY pretty PINK and gorgeous GREEN
Ditto! Well said Professor!