GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,494
2 members and 1,492 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 07-14-2003, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

The Dreaded Bar Exam

OK-is there anyone else on here preparing to take the Bar this month? I may be the only fool who takes time out from studying to come to GC...but it helps me de-stress.

Anyway-just thought I'd say good luck to any of my fellow GC'ers in BarBri hell right now. Happy studying!
Old 07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!

I am not studying right now but I think it's great that you take breaks and check GC. I went to an Alpha Phi conference the weekend before the bar. It was the best way to unwind and keep myself from stressing out.

Happy studying!

LD
Old 07-14-2003, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! It's been a few years since I had to suffer through the bar exam, but I remember the pain like it was yesterday. I'm sure you'll do fine, and don't let yourself get too stressed -- but I know that's easier said than done!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!!!

I "cheated" by graduating from law school with no intention of ever really practicing, but one of these days I will bite the bullet and take the California bar exam!

Anyway, keep your nose to the grindstone. I look forward to hearing that you PASSED with flying colors!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I'm still 2 years away from my Bar Exam but I'm still scared to death...But I need to focus on more imminent things...like my Family Law and Sales exams later this week. Hehe

I'm sure you'll do fine - when do you get your results? LA students don't get theirs until OCTOBER.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl
I'm sure you'll do fine - when do you get your results? LA students don't get theirs until OCTOBER.
I won't get my results until early NOVEMBER. Nice, huh? So since I didnt' find a job b/f graduation, I guess I will get to be a law clerk until the results come out & hopefully I will get to be a real lawyer then!

Of all the folks who have taken a bar exam, I'm wondering what study program you used? I used BarBri, but am wondering if I could have gotten as much out of Micromash...its a bunch cheaper and seems to be a little more personal, which I would have liked...unfortunately, I didnt' hear about it until after I had signed up for Barbri.

Oh well...back to Corporations.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I used BarBri, and it worked for me, lol. The one thing I'd warn you about, though, is that you shouldn't listen to the instructors when they say what WILL or WILL NOT be on the exam. We had one guy who did that all the time, and I didn't believe him. Good thing, because he was wrong! They might have a good idea what will be on there, but they don't always know.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I took Barbri and recommend it over Micromash. I have friends who took Micromash who wound up very unhappy. My only big advice is to not get too caught up in memorizing law b/c the focus is really on applying the facts to the law and the law will come back to you when you are sitting there issue spotting.

I also took PMBR for the Multistate. I hated the course but the books are priceless in terms of questions.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! It's always nice to see what I have to look forward to in 2 years.

I spend most of my time at work in the law school library- and the people that are taking the bar in a week or so have totally invaded every crevice! Even the downstairs lounge/lunchroom. We go down there for lunch, and they shoot us the evilest looks if we talk or make any noise whatsoever. It's a HUGE room, and there's only about 6-10 of them down there at any time. You want quiet? GO TO THE LIBRARY!!! There's even this nifty elevator which will take you there Sorry /rant.

Although I am looking forward to it as a stepping stone to finally being done with my education, it just looks like such an incredibly stressful event.