GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,403
0 members and 1,403 guests
No Members online

Old 02-07-2006, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Vote for Soror Stephanie Robinson to be Ms. CIAA

http://www.ciaatournament.org/html/missciaa/index.html# (voting link)

Voting ends Thursday, March 2, 2006

Soror Stephanie's Bio (representing Winston Salem State)

Stephanie Robinson’s Biography
Stephanie Robinson is a senior at Winston-Salem State University, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology with a minor in Rehabilitation Studies. A native of Fayetteville, NC, Stephanie is the youngest of five children and proudly pronounces that she is the product of a single parent home. She was raised primarily by her mother, Bobbie Robinson, who she describes as her inspiration and a true depiction of womanhood and virtue. Miss Robinson states that for the past four years she has lived everyday epitomizing the words of Aristotle, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” Miss Robinson says, “This quote is the fuel that ignites the union between my ambition and my drive. I live everyday with the mentality that my upbringing has taught me: to work hard for tomorrow so I am never in the same place that I was yesterday.”

As a North Carolina Incentive Scholar, Miss Robinson has been challenged throughout her undergraduate career. Stephanie has repeatedly risen to and exceeded the many challenges placed before her. Her extensive community involvement and her outstanding grade point average attest to that fact. She has maintained a 3.644 cumulative GPA and an astounding 4.0 in her major amid being involved in numerous extra-curricular activities. Not only does she stand ahead in the classroom, she is at the forefront of the university and local community as well.

Stephanie is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Psi Chi Honorary Psychology Society, the WSSU Honors Program, Women For Change, Ram Ambassadors, the WSSU Leadership Institute, and works diligently as a Campus Pal. She also serves as a member of the Student Government Association as Senior Class Second Vice President, succeeding her terms as Freshman, Sophomore and Junior class presidents. When referring to tasks in both university and community involvement, Miss Robinson has been known to say “It needs to be done today, because it should have been done yesterday.” She has volunteered annually at the Ronald McDonald Charity House, helped to build houses with Habitat for Humanity, prepared meals for the Forsyth County Battered Women’s Shelter, mentored and participated in programs at Julian Gibson Elementary School, and currently tutors children in the underprivileged urban areas of Winston-Salem under the “No Child Left Behind” clause. Miss Robinson has also invested a great deal of time assisting her mother in endeavors to form the organization R.O.C.C. Inc., which stands for “Reaching Out to Cultures and Communities.” This is an organization that provides aide to substance abusers and victims of HIV and AIDS.
Miss Robinson plans to attend law school in the fall of 2006. She decided that law school would be the best place to further her education to continue to advance herself and members of her community. Though her plans are not set in stone, Miss Robinson feels law school is an opportunity to use her talents and is compatible to her ideals, accomplishments and persona.

Best Wishes Soror Stephanie