GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 956
3 members and 953 guests
JayhawkAOII, Low D Flat

Old 08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Jane Graf needs your prayers

From our IVP-Ext

Received a call tonight from the Detroit North Suburban Alumnae Club President, with the news that Jane Graf suffered a stroke today while in the hospital and is not expected to make it through the night. She is currently on a respirator and her blood pressure and heart rate are still dropping.

On Friday she suffered a fall while getting on the stair lift she has in her home. She went to the hospital and they released her as no broken bones were found. Later in the day she couldn’t walk and ended up back at the hospital. The hospital staff gave her a chest X-ray as part of their protocol for moving someone to an assisted living type of place and the X-ray indicated she had a blood clot in her lung. That prompted immediate admission to the hospital.

Subsequent testing found blood clots in her legs, which may have been the reason why she couldn’t walk. Another alumna from DNSAC, works at Beaumont Hospital where Jane is. She visited with Jane and reports that her memory this weekend has not been good and while knowing her name was pretty vague upon further general conversation topics.

Jane suffered a stroke this afternoon. She is in ICU. Various local sisters have been taking turns at the hospital holding vigil. Please say a special prayer for Jane – I’m sure she will feel all of our sisterly love around her as the Lord determines her fate.

Please feel free to forward this to other sisters. I will send an update the moment I hear anything.

**** Dee's words now:
Jane has been such an inspiration to all the Michigan Alpha Gams who have seen her at IRDs for years and years. She was unable to make Convention this year, but in past years, she was the one standing the longest when they sought out the person who had attended the most Conventions. She is a wearer of the Circle. My first memory of Jane is when she spearheaded the reception at the Michigan Women's Hall of Fame when Emily H. Butterfield was elected to it. Jane also did part of the presentation at Emily's grave site when the medallions were placed on the Founder's graves in honor of the Centennial. She believes she was the last Alpha Gam to see Emily alive. Jane has donated endless hours to the Fraternity and the Foundation and her dedication and love for Alpha Gam has been so inspiring and such an amazing show of our ideals. My prayers are with her.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Gosh, it seems Jane has been around forever!

I'll be thinking and praying for her!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Crashing to wish a safe and speedy recovery to Jane Graf. She seems like an incredible lady.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Our prayers are with Jane.

Dee, do you have an update for us?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I received this update in an email timed 10 am today:
I spoke to Patti this morning. She was at the hospital last night along with Marilyn until about 2am sitting with Jane. Marilyn stayed until 5:30am. Jane’s heartbeat is becoming irregular. Her heart rate over the night by the time Patti left was at about 40-50 beats and is still at that rate currently. Marilyn said they drew some blood late last night and Jane’s heart beat picked up but then soon returned to 40-50 beats. She’s still unconscious. Jane had two CT scans yesterday with the latest at 5:30pm. Marilyn took a look at it and said the amount of bleeding she saw was pretty extreme.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

THIS IS WHAT SISTERHOOD IS!

I'm glad that my sisters are with Jane.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Again, from our IVP-E:

Hi Everyone!

Things are pretty much status quo with Jane. I spent about 2.5 hours with her late this afternoon. With all the non-stop talking I did I’m not surprised she didn’t sit up and tell me to be quiet! She is still unconscious, heart beat is still irregular (anywhere from 40-79 beats/minute), and has low blood pressure. She was taken off the respirator today at noon with not much hope of survival from the doctors. However when I got to the hospital at 4:30pm, she was still breathing on her own! That just goes to show her spirit that we all know and love. She seems to be resting comfortably and is not on any painkillers; she is only receiving fluids and an antibiotic drip. The doctors are not hopeful that she will recover from the massive stroke so we can only pray for God’s gentle and merciful guiding hand.

Jane has had sisters with her all last night plus today through at least 9pm. I’m guessing one of our sisters who works at the hospital (who spent from 2:30am to 5:30am with her) will probably check in on her tonight. What a blessing that we are able to ensure that she is not going through this journey alone. I plan on stopping by during my lunch hour on Wednesday to check in on her.

I will send any updates the moment I hear. I know she values your thoughts and prayers!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Jane A. Graf has entered Chapter Grand

Jane A. Graf - Alpha Delta, wearer of the Circle of Epsilon Pi, entered Chapter Grand at 4:30am this morning (Wednesday, August 9, 2006). A small Memorial Service is being planned.

Jane’s remains will be taken to Ohio where her mother and father are interned.

Alpha Gamma Delta Fraternity has lost an outstanding sister who truly exemplified our Purpose through how she lived her life.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

She has been an inspiration to us all. May she rest in peace.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
what an amazing woman
A GD
Old 08-09-2006, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere between Good Morning America and Jerry Springer.
My condolences to you on the loss of a great sister.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Please accept my condolences.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

My condolences go out to the women of Alpha Gamma Delta, Jane's family, friends, and all those whose lives she touched.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
My condolences on the loss of your sister. She sounds like an amazing woman.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

My sincerest condolences to all of you...so much love has been exhibited in this thread and I must say, ladies - be strong and keep up the good work.