GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,191
2 members and 1,189 guests
JerricaB, willTic

Old 07-19-2023, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Road Rage

This isn’t a road rage thread, it’s just titled that way.

When you’re driving, what do other drivers do that piss you off to no end and it affects the way you drive?

What pisses me off is when the person in front of me is driving way below the speed limit to the point where I’m thinking there’s a long line of traffic in front of them. I lean my head out the window to see, and it’s clear as day! Drives me insanely nuts.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Pull out of parking lots and side roads right in front of me.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

It’s two things for me.

1. When someone drives really close to my bumper! I’m like “Seriously?! You can’t go around me?!!”

2. When I see someone with anything (flags/stickers/rebel flags) supporting Donald Trump on their truck! Yes, I said truck, because it’s generally a pickup truck they’re driving. Am I judging them? Yes! And guess what? I don’t care. I do judge stupid people.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-19-2023, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
It’s two things for me.

1. When someone drives really close to my bumper! I’m like “Seriously?! You can’t go around me?!!”

2. When I see someone with anything (flags/stickers/rebel flags) supporting Donald Trump on their truck! Yes, I said truck, because it’s generally a pickup truck they’re driving. Am I judging them? Yes! And guess what? I don’t care. I do judge stupid people.
Lmfao!! Hahahahaha! Here we go.. CG at it again with her Trump rants. Lol!!
Old 07-19-2023, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Singing..."On a steel horse I riiiiiide......."

People tend to drive in packs so, typically, I get away (speed up or slow down) from the packs. That being said,

People who (try to) ride my tail.
I usually don't lane split so I have not had issues around that but I've seen my fellow riders out there dealing with stupid *hit.
BAD cycle riders--overly or unnecessarily aggressive and the idiots who do stunts on public streets especially during regular traffic.
California has a "must wear a helmet" law. Wear it or don't ride.
People who throw their trash, cigarettes out the window, not at me but in my general direction so I have to swerve around it.
Old 07-19-2023, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lmfao!! Hahahahaha! Here we go.. CG at it again with her Trump rants. Lol!!
And I should have clarified. The second one doesn’t change my driving, it just makes me really mad.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-20-2023, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

1. People driving at or below the speed limit in the far left (passing) lane and all other cars are passing that slow-poke. I flash my car lights on them from behind.

2. Drivers that cut in and merge into your lane at last possible second. I refuse to let them in....

Last edited by PKT4LIFE; 07-20-2023 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-20-2023, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Extremely slow, consistent 35-40 mph freeway ramp merges when I’m driving behind them, also merging onto the freeway. Makes me want to connect bumpers with theirs and push them onto the freeway at the 65-70 mph I’m rollin at.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

When folks text on their phones while behind the wheel.

When folks drive during the winter season with snow and ice on the ground as though they’re driving on dry pavement in July.

When folks blow their horn for a really, extra long time at somebody else. Makes zero sense.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:41 PM

What annoys me about other drivers? I've got a list.

- I'm driving above the speed limit (e.g. 65 in a 55) and somebody's up my tailpipe with their brights on. Double points if we're in the middle or right lane and they're clear to pass me on the left and they just ... don't. (Back in the day, I would brake-check them. Yeah, I'm a Masshole. These days, I just let my foot off the gas and wait until they realize there actually is a left lane and they are clear to pass.)
- People who don't slow down in school zones.
- People who get annoyed when I DO slow down in school zones. The limit where I live is 20 and they'll ticket you for going 21, and, moreover, I don't want to flatten someone's child. I keep it at 20 (which I'd do regardless) and let them punch it and they can get the speeding ticket.
- People who cut me off.
- People who punch it when I signal a lane change, so I can't actually change lanes. (I still signal my lane changes, but I'm usually halfway through the maneuver before I signal.)
- People on bicycles, who think road rules don't apply to them because they're on a bike. They'll go the wrong way down one-way streets, they don't stop at stop signs or red lights, they'll bike down the middle of the lane instead of keeping right. I've learned to look both ways at every intersection and at roundabouts. (I'm not kidding about the roundabouts.) I'm mindful of bikers, and I take care not to door them or anything, but you can't just drive however you like because you're not driving a motor vehicle.
Old 07-20-2023, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Dangit! I was actually looking for the like button for aephi alum's post and once again remembered that this isn't Facebook.

The school zone thing happens to me all the time because I pass through several on the way to school each day. I will meet my death being clocked into space by some driver who doesn't want to slow down.
Old 07-20-2023, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

@ aephi alum — So when I lived in Michigan, in East Lansing, a lot of bikers would bike in the wrong direction because of the amount of hit and runs. The news there would report it being worse in other parts of the state — the reason I wouldn’t bike ride at all when I lived in Michigan. I mean, it happens everywhere, it’s just that it was reported a lot when I lived there. I’m not sure why.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-20-2023, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
@ aephi alum — So when I lived in Michigan, in East Lansing, a lot of bikers would bike in the wrong direction because of the amount of hit and runs. The news there would report it being worse in other parts of the state — the reason I wouldn’t bike ride at all when I lived in Michigan. I mean, it happens everywhere, it’s just that it was reported a lot when I lived there. I’m not sure why.
Don’t get me started on that shit-hole. The reason they had all those hit and runs is because a lot of residents there drove with no auto insurance. Where you lived, they had bike paths? Seriously? When I lived there it was streets and all grass. I was surprised to even see sidewalks. I remember Flint and Detroit looking like post WWII Berlin. I’m surprised they even have food in that third world state.

CG, I guarantee you that if you go on google and type in states with the highest auto insurance rates, I’ll bet you anything Michigan is on that list. Trust me, I haven’t looked, but I’ll bet it’s listed. They’re also the worst drivers too. They drive like they’re student drivers or something. Wtf..

So glad I moved the fuck outta that shit-hole.
Old 07-20-2023, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Michigan
https://youtu.be/qjjoVAgqp4s
Old 07-20-2023, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Don’t get me started on that shit-hole. The reason they had all those hit and runs is because a lot of residents there drove with no auto insurance. Where you lived, they had bike paths? Seriously? When I lived there it was streets and all grass. I was surprised to even see sidewalks. I remember Flint and Detroit looking like post WWII Berlin. I’m surprised they even have food in that third world state.

CG, I guarantee you that if you go on google and type in states with the highest auto insurance rates, I’ll bet you anything Michigan is on that list. Trust me, I haven’t looked, but I’ll bet it’s listed. They’re also the worst drivers too. They drive like they’re student drivers or something. Wtf..

So glad I moved the fuck outta that shit-hole.
lol
Oh c’mon.. it wasn’t that bad. I mean, I didn’t like Detroit but what state doesn’t have its not so good cities? When I lived in East Lansing, when I was dating my now husband, he lived about an hour away from me and where he lived was a really nice area. It was also only like 15 minutes from Detroit.

I did look up the auto insurance thing, and yes, Michigan was listed, but it wasn’t at the top of the list.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024