GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,558
2 members and 1,556 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Introduction Forum

Hi! I'm new to this website and kind of went through some threads but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I was under the assumption that this website also included NPHC organizations but I couldn't find anything on Alpha Kappa Alpha, so if my question is seems stupid, obviously I haven't thoroughly searched the forums. So I apologize in advance. I'm a junior and after this semester I'm sitting right at a 2.9 which broke my heart because I've been working so hard to get my gpa up since a terrible freshman year (I suffered from a lot of serious health issues). My friend's sister is an alumnae of the Alpha Kappa Alpha, Inc. chapter here and she told us to have our applications ready for next semester. (Spring) that's all she said. which makes me assume they will be having a new line. Since I have a 2.9 GPA, I'm debating on if I should even apply because I'm scared I don't have a chance with the gpa. The school's minimum gpa is a 2.5 while the chapter is 2.75.. I have several community service hours and feel like I represent myself very well on campus. I'm apart of different organizations and hold two exec positions. SOO with that.. is it possible that I could still have a chance with my gpa? please don't be mean and write stuff that isn't relevant. All I want to know is if, with my current gpa while having other credentials is it possible that nationals would actually let a girl with a 2.9 gpa into such a prestigious sorority?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by giv512 View Post
Hi! I'm new to this website and kind of went through some threads but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I was under the assumption that this website also included NPHC organizations but I couldn't find anything on Alpha Kappa Alpha, so if my question is seems stupid, obviously I haven't thoroughly searched the forums. So I apologize in advance. I'm a junior and after this semester I'm sitting right at a 2.9 which broke my heart because I've been working so hard to get my gpa up since a terrible freshman year (I suffered from a lot of serious health issues). My friend's sister is an alumnae of the Alpha Kappa Alpha, Inc. chapter here and she told us to have our applications ready for next semester. (Spring) that's all she said. which makes me assume they will be having a new line. Since I have a 2.9 GPA, I'm debating on if I should even apply because I'm scared I don't have a chance with the gpa. The school's minimum gpa is a 2.5 while the chapter is 2.75.. I have several community service hours and feel like I represent myself very well on campus. I'm a [/b]part[/B] of different organizations and hold two exec positions. SOO with that.. is it possible that I could still have a chance with my gpa? please don't be mean and write stuff that isn't relevant. All I want to know is if, with my current gpa while having other credentials is it possible that nationals would actually let a girl with a 2.9 gpa into such a prestigious sorority?
http://www.aka1908.com/membership/pr...e-members.html

From the AKA forum here on GC:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=81059