Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 1,046
0 members and 1,046 guests
No Members online

Old 02-28-2001, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking To the ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc......

I have no idea where this came from (inside me of course), but I just felt the sudden urge to say this.....Sorry if it gets a bit long......
Every since high school I have known that I wanted to be in a sorority. At the time I had only heard of AKA and Delta, so I thought that these were my only two choices. I am currently a sophomore and with college life for me there came naturally greek life. We have the entire Divine Nine on my campus so I have been exposed to all four sororities and I am thankful for the experience. Without this I probably would not have found the light within Sigma Gamma Rho. During the past year of my sorority research, I have gathered info on all 4, but SGRho always stuck out to me for some reason. Like most people I know, I had perceptions of AKA, Delta, and Zeta, but I knew nothing about SGRho. This has forced me to make my own conclusions instead of going with my friends who want AKA and Delta for the right, and wrong, reasons. From this I think that I have found what I want in SGRho. I can see the principles of sisterhood, scholarship, and service among all of the ladies of SGRho on my campus and around town. These are some of the things that are important to me, and I can only hope that one day I will be able to carry them out as a lady of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
Old 02-28-2001, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

well miss lady, all i can say is that you are doing your homework and i am pleased that your research has led you to SGRho.

just keep doing what you have to do (community service is very important) and keep those grades up and maybe one day you will be a part of this great sisterhood.

good luck

------------------
the sexiest ladies in the world are laced in rubies and pearls.
Old 03-03-2001, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hello and welcome.

Your experience sounds like mine. It's good to be exposed and do your research. An informed decision is the best decision especially one that is for life.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

You will be pleased to know that many many Sigma Gamma Rho's have been where you are. Personally, I was there back in 1993. The road to Sigmaland is not easy and definately not always to most popular, but it is by far worth it. AKA's wanted me. Deltas wanted me, but I let my friends have them. I love my SGRho and would not have been happy any other way.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

TigerGirl03... I am a sisterfriend interested in another BGLO - but just wanted to encourage you to follow your heart. Only then will you be satisfied with your decision. If SGRho is truly in your heart, go for it - and good luck!
Old 03-19-2001, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Just wanted to say thank you for the (extended and continued) positive replies from the ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho. I'm still doing my research, but I think that I have found where I want to be.