GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,190
1 members and 1,189 guests
No Members online

Old 10-02-2002, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Keep me in your prayers!

I like to ask my dear SF and GC to please keep me in your prayers. Normally I wouldn't do this but I'm going through a VERY EXCRUCIATING (depression and uncertainty) time right now in my marriage of only 2years. Any words of encouragement pm or posting I'll be truly grateful for. Sometimes a word from a sincere person who you've never seen can help better than one of a friend or family.

Last edited by oneinamillion; 10-02-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Try to hang in there. Sometimes the hard times that we go through teaches us to be stronger. Sometimes I look back at some of the hard times that I have had and realized that those things happened for a reason. Only you will be able to figure that out. You may not be able to see it now but trust me, eventually you will. It will then be up to you to handle the situation with your new found knowledge. Keep in mind that the first positive thing that you did was to seek advice and to communicate with others. Hopefully if whatever you are going through now should occur again in the future, you will be stronger than you are now since you have somewhat been through it before LUV YAH and I hope that things in your marriage work out.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Keep believing

HOLDING PATTERNS

Many times God will allow a painful situation or a painful circumstance in our life to "swallow us up”. This season in our spiritual grow is a holding pattern. We can't move to the left or the right. All we can do is sit, like Jonah sat in the belly of that great fish, so God can have our undivided attention and speak to us. God put Jonah in a holding pattern because He needed to speak to his heart. Jonah was all alone. There were no friends to call, no colleagues to drop by, no books to read, no food to eat, no interference's, and no interruptions. He had plenty of time to sit, think, meditate, and pray.

When we're deep down in the midst of a difficult situation, God can talk to us. When He has our undivided attention, He can show us things about ourselves that we might not otherwise have seen.

A Few Of God's/HP's Holding Patterns:

1. When you are sick in your physical body and you have prayed,
but God has not healed you yet, you are in a holding pattern

2. When you are having problems with your children and you have put them on the altar, but God has not delivered them yet, you are in a holding pattern.

3. When you have been praying for the salvation of a loved one and they have not been saved yet, you are in a holding pattern.

4. When you are in a broken relationship and you have given it over to God, but it has not been restored yet, you are in a holding pattern.

5. When the doors slam shut before you can knock on them, you are in a holding pattern.

When we are deep in the belly of a difficult situation, there are no
interruptions. God has our undivided attention. All we can do is sit, think, meditate, and pray. We cannot run from God because there are no mountains that are high enough, valleys that are low enough, rivers that are wide enough, rooms that are dark enough, or places that are hidden enough from Him. We must remember to praise Him while we're waiting and remember three things:

1. The pattern has a purpose.

2. The pattern has a plan.

3. The pattern has a process.

So stop struggling and start listening, praying and trusting. He'll keep you right where you are until you can clearly hear Him say, "I love you."

Prayer:

"Father, forgive my unbelief. I know you love me and will turn
anything around to benefit me. You have planned nothing for me
but victories and I am ready to receive them regardless how
difficult the path. Amen."

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the
distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to
the Lord can stand up to anything.

Be Blessed.

Old 10-03-2002, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkey08
Adversity

A friend of mine sent this to me when I was going through some things. I hope this helps.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose. Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs and the lastshe placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word. In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what do you see?" "Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied. She brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they got soft. She then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, she asked her to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked. "What's the point, mother?" Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity--boiling water--but each reacted differently.
The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However after being subjected to the Boiling water, it softened and became weak.
The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened.
The ground coffee beans were unique, however.
After they were in the boiling water they had changed the water. "Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do I Wilt and become soft and lose my strength?
Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, Have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?
Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hours are the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate to another level? How do you handle Adversity? ARE YOU A CARROT, AN EGG, OR A COFFEE BEAN?
Don't tell Father how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big our
Father is!

May He BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!
________
Ford Xb Falcon Picture

Last edited by pinkey08; 03-20-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Keep believing

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
HOLDING PATTERNS

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the
distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to
the Lord can stand up to anything.

Be Blessed.

Preach Sistafriend PREACH.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

me too...

I just want everyone to keep in their prayers. Though I am new to posting on GC, I have been a silent observer for a while. I am having a REALLY stressful time in school right now and would also like any words of encouragement or prayer that anyone can offer!

Thanks and have a great day.

soulfulremix

AKA
Old 10-03-2002, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to evaclear04
A simple statement

Let go and Let GOD.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Keep me in your prayers!

Quote:
Originally posted by oneinamillion
I like to ask my dear SF and GC to please keep me in your prayers. Normally I wouldn't do this but I'm going through a VERY EXCRUCIATING (depression and uncertainty) time right now in my marriage of only 2years. Any words of encouragement pm or posting I'll be truly grateful for. Sometimes a word from a sincere person who you've never seen can help better than one of a friend or family.

Sis..It's done. If the Word is in you, it will take you through whatever it is. There is NO problem too big that God can't solve. By faith, keep the Word around you and a personal scripture that you can hang onto when things seems impossible and BELIEVE that God is working this out in your favor. Remember ALL things work together for Good .... my prayers are with you.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

thank you all soooo much!!! also I want to thank those who pm me as well!!!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TempleAlum1993
Your posting reached out to me...

Dear Sister,

May God bless you during this trial. Please hold on to His unchanging hand and He will see you through.

I would like to share that I recently read "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. While I do not know the specifics of your situation, I can tell you that this book shed light on things for me. I have experienced positive changes in myself and my marriage.

Please refer to the following passages from the Bible that talk about "Help in Troubles" (text is from NIV version)

Though You may have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth You will bring me up - Psalm 71:20

The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress and my Deliverer; my God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my Shield and the Horn of my salvation, my Stronghold - Psalm 18:2

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, with Your right hand yiou save me - Psalm 138:7
Old 10-03-2002, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Will check out Stormie O's book!

T'A99 someone else recommended Stormie Omartian in a pm to me. I will surely get this book. I'm fixing to go to amazon.com and hopefully they have it for ordering on line.
Thanks,
God bless you
Old 10-04-2002, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Hang in there!!

"I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.'" Psalm 91:2
Old 10-04-2002, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Thumbs up Trust in the Lord

Read Psalm 121. That should also help you out in your time of distress.