Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,105
1 members and 1,104 guests
No Members online

Old 07-06-2006, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Telling a guy...

Question: How do I tell a guy I've been seeing for a month or so, without scaring him or making him think that now I must be desperate and have immediately started planning an elaborate wedding followed by a honeymoon baby, that since the last time we saw each other my one younger sister got engaged and another announced she's pregnant? Or am I just over analyzing how he might react?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_pom
Question: How do I tell a guy I've been seeing for a month or so, without scaring him or making him think that now I must be desperate and have immediately started planning an elaborate wedding followed by a honeymoon baby, that since the last time we saw each other my one younger sister got engaged and another announced she's pregnant? Or am I just over analyzing how he might react?
I think you're over-analyzing. Although to be on the safe side, I'd make the announcement to him on two different occasions, and leave off the gush about it. Just tell him nonchalantly, and if he wants it to turn into a conversation, let it. If not, let him have his "Oh, cool", and then switch the subject.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
This line of thinking is way more awkward than the actual conversation.

What ever happened to something like "Jesus crazy ass week - one sister gets engaged, another is pregnant . . . WTF is up with this? It was only yesterday they were pulling my hair and making me play dress-up. Weird. Anyway what's up with you?"

-RC
--The more you know . . .
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to PhiMuAmberkins
Like half of my friends are getting engaged/married/pregnant (my sister is older and has done all 3) and I talk to my boyfriend about it all the time. We have a lot of mutual friends too though, so that helps, but I don't think it would freak him out; you're probably overanalyzing.

But I do that too.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Is there any guy who would hear a woman say that her sisters are engaged and/or pregnant and jump to the conclusion that said woman wants to get married and have babies right now? I could be wrong, but I don't think guys generally do that.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I think Val is right here.

Also, if you are sensitive about bringing it up, I wonder if its because you have mentally imagined marrying this guy or settling down with him.

As a guy I doubt he has thought that way about you(not because there is anything wrong with you, just because men are different), so he is unlikely to be sensitive to the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
Is there any guy who would hear a woman say that her sisters are engaged and/or pregnant and jump to the conclusion that said woman wants to get married and have babies right now? I could be wrong, but I don't think guys generally do that.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC
What ever happened to something like "Jesus crazy ass week - one sister gets engaged, another is pregnant . . . WTF is up with this? It was only yesterday they were pulling my hair and making me play dress-up. Weird. Anyway what's up with you?"
^^^ I like his line of thought on this one !
Old 07-20-2006, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
My new mantra will be that all of my friends are converting to Catholicism.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

You're overthinking this one; dropping something like this into conversation shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile
Has the earth changed its rotation, or is there another reason that KSig RC and I agree on something?
KSig RC and honeychile sitting in a tree...

-Rudey
--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudey
KSig RC and honeychile sitting in a tree...

-Rudey
--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
If I were RC, I'd be chopping you up with my samurai sword right now. That is NOT cool broski.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyTheDon
If I were RC, I'd be chopping you up with my samurai sword right now. That is NOT cool broski.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Banned

I think it's so immature to erase your post when clearly people know what you said.

-Rudey
--And you toads can't samurai me...I'm Rudey-san!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Honeychile? Deleting post? Nope, doesn't surprise me man!