GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,491
4 members and 1,487 guests
John, PGD-GRAD

Old 06-18-2000, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Post WHITNEY HOUSTON

This is similar to a message I posted in the AKA forum. I hope you ladies don't mind, ONE LOVE. I was just talking briefly about all the different types of music I listened to as a kid. One of my favorite artist growing up on the R&B side was Whitney Houston. My girlfriend bought the Greatest Hits album, it's off the chain. I'm not trying to hate on Bobby but, he hasn't been good for her or her career in my opinion. I know you can't believe everything you hear, but come on. I mean more than one source has reported that she has a drug problem. She was caught with chronic in Hawaii. Let's not forget that last week in Ft. Lauderdale, FL Bobby admitted to a judge that he has a disease (drug and alcohol addiction). What do you think?
Old 06-18-2000, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I forgot YO-OOP!
Old 06-18-2000, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

OOOO-Yo to you.

I agree with you. I believe that Whitney has gone down since her marriage to Bobby but this has only become obvious the past year to year and a half. I only hope that she gets help for her and her family before it is too late. I know that the first stage is "Denial" and right now Whitney is in deep denial about her problems. Only when she admits that there is a problem will she be able to get help.

I knew she was in trouble when she called Bobby the King of R&B, that's like calling me the next female Michael Jordan or the next Nikki Giovanni.
Old 06-18-2000, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

i really feel for her. she is obviously in a bad way. i read, and you can't believe everything you read, but, that her family attempted to do an intervention and it didn't work. her longtime friend and assistant, robin, quit recently. so, people are jumping ship and she is going down with it. i hope that she can get it together. but, even her voice is giving to all of the stress. so maybe she can salvage her career before she loses all of her credibility!
Old 06-18-2000, 09:56 PM
c&c1913

I think that this is terrible for Whitney. I also heard that she had this problem before she and Bobby hooked up. I think that it is only coming to light because of the recent problems at the airport and Bobby's arrest. Perhaps, she's in denial because she may be embarrassed. I know for years before Bobby she was considered this nice, sweet good girl. Then when she married Bobby, headlines were Good Girl marries Bad Boy. It is said on the radio that she probably has too many "Yes people" around her. I think she is a very talented woman with the gift of voice and I would hate for her to lose it all.
Old 06-21-2000, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
She's become a disappointment. She needs PRAYER! That's all we can do for that sistah.

------------------
Director #2
LMAC
Spr 99
Old 03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for the bump, but I had to put it somewhere.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post

Sorry for the bump, but I had to put it somewhere.
So what am I missing?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!