GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,529
0 members and 1,529 guests
No Members online

Old 01-04-2006, 11:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to GreekGirl2006
Help me Please read and respond

I really want to join my schools chapter of DPhiE but I've rushed twice and no bid yet what should I do?

Last edited by GreekGirl2006; 01-05-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Go out on a limb...

It might help if you try to get to know one or two of the women personally. Attending recruitment events and being offered a bid is an option you've tried, but perhaps you need to try something else. If this is really important to you, watch for a DPhiE in one of your classes or in another organization that you are both mutually a part of, then strike up a conversation and build from there. If you already know some of the women from the dorm, try to get to know them better.

Remember that attending a recruitment event is often like going for a job interview. Be who you are, but watch how you speak, make sure you have a positive outlook, get to know the women by asking questions about THEM, be conscientious of your attire, sell the very best side of yourself, and be someone who they would want to have in their group. Go to www.dphie.org to get to know what being a DPhiE is all about, too. You also need to check them out to make sure that you really want to be a part of their group. Don't compromise your values or your personality, but don't expect them to take a step back on their personality as a group either.

Being a DPhiE is a great thing, but in a recruitment situation, it only works if BOTH parties are bringing something to the table!

Good Luck! And, remember to be, rather than to seem to be!

Iris
Old 01-24-2006, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I totally agree with Iris. Not only that, but keep in mind that the chapter changes every semester, and every chapter of DPhiE is different. I would keep your options open with ALL of the sororities on your campus, because DPhiE may not be a good fit for you, and perhaps, another organization would be a better match. Good luck!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Re: Help me Please read and respond

This has been discussed on more general boards but you may want to change screen names to so potential sisters don't see that you are already calling yourself greekgirl unless of course you are of Greek heritiage but even then, in this forum, it would be assumed you were a wannabe sorority girl not a woman of Green heritage. Also, does your myspace page show any inappropriate behavior, drinking etc etc. Every chapter of every sorority has certain requirements of members, grades, activities, reputation etc.

Oh, and NJ is not dirty!!

Best of luck.

Denise

Quote:
Originally posted by GreekGirl2006
I really want to join my schools chapter of DPhiE but I've rushed twice and no bid yet what should I do?